Incredible atmosphere

Guest FanthamOfTheOpera

FOTO I did notice you went very quiet the other day when Steveger posted some links.

I find dealing with his lengthy, unbalanced rambling quite wearying to be honest. It's the same relentlessly contradictory argument over and over and over and over again - like Groundhog Day, if you took all the funny bits out and just kept the morose, depressing section in the middle.

So, to clarify, no song ever sung at a football match has ever offended you?

"Dave Jones is a paedophile", stuff about Leeds fans being stabbed, the Munich air disaster, the Ibrox disaster, the Bradford fire - all cool? Anyone who takes offensive is a sensitive mard?

When did I say all those songs are "cool"?  All distasteful chants IMO but wouldn't let them ruin my day if I heard them sung.

Football stadiums seem to do funny things to normally sound people. Ive accepted that if I go to the match im gonna hear and see some morons/distasteful chants at some point so i don't let it bother me. Im as laid back as an ironing board most the time mind :biggrin:

Yep.

The argument isn't 'Ah, they're both as bad as each other' or anything like that. Sadly I haven't had the time to go through every instance of every supporter singing songs of a sectarian nature so I'm not going to say anything about who is worse or anything like that.

But none of it is in any way helpful, is it?

Guest Big Guns

The defense of some of these songs are disgusting, and the excuse is CELTIC DO IT TOO which is frankly pathetic.

How much money have Celtic fans raised for the IRA

That's Wots pathetic

You know what, I'm going to take last night for just how It was.

An unbelievable show of support and backing by the Rangers fans for their team.

I'm sure when we played Kaiserslautern in the UEFA Cup way back that some of our chants weren't exactly tasteful but it doesn't stop me thinking it was the best atmosphere ever at Hillsborough.

Last night was a top night and one that'll be remembered for a long time.

You know what, I'm going to take last night for just how It was.

An unbelievable show of support and backing by the Rangers fans for their team.

I'm sure when we played Kaiserslautern in the UEFA Cup way back that some of our chants weren't exactly tasteful but it doesn't stop me thinking it was the best atmosphere ever at Hillsborough.

Last night was a top night and one that'll be remembered for a long time.

Excellent post BIG D.

Other teams in England have the same admiration for our away support but they stole the show.

I am just delighted with the way they backed their team and that the game passed off without incident and hope it leads to a return fixture next year.

If only we can find a way to back our team at home in the same way - until we have unallocated seats on the Kop or god forbid, safe standing areas it will be difficult.

I wasn't saying that as Celtic do it its ok, I was trying to find out what is and isn't acceptable. I said singing about murder was unacceptable and was wanting to be even handed in this so I pointed out that all clubs have distasteful songs. It's not Celtic v Rangers. You said certain things aren't acceptable and I just wondered what the limit and level was. You said it wasn't possible to say then said that singing about murdering 'Fenians' was wrong. I inferred that was the line. Death is a no go. Then you went on to point out the Dave Jones stuff. Nobody died but that's still not acceptable. So it seems the line isn't there either.

My point is that only the people who are offended can say what is offensive. Everyone has different levels. I wasn't offended by last nights songs because they don't affect me, I couldn't hear the words a d even if I could I don't understand the context. I enjoyed watching and hearing the Rangers fans. They created a great atmosphere. Offensive lyrics to songs don't change that.

Psychology Studies have shown that words have a smaller contribution to communication as opposed to body language.

The Leeds fans (Hills, last season) could have sung ‘Twinkle Twinkle little Star’ and came over a a bunch of nasty thugs.

What ever words were sung by the Rangers fans, there wasn’t a hint of aggression coming from the West Stand last night

The defense of some of these songs are disgusting, and the excuse is CELTIC DO IT TOO which is frankly pathetic.

Exactly, and NONE of it has a place in football

Football should be a way to escape all of this political poo

So you think it's ok to sing songs about murdering British soldiers and having collection buckets for the IRA ?

But is it also ok to sing songs that refer to being "Up to my knees in fenian blood"?

Maybe its just purely down to one thing, certain people from both sides fail to accept the others right of opinion.

Guest Big Guns

But is it also ok to sing songs that refer to being "Up to my knees in fenian blood"?

Maybe its just purely down to one thing, certain people from both sides fail to accept the others right of opinion.

I don't expect the Fenians to change there opinion

To me it's all about choosing sides and if your English it shud be the easiest choice ever

some very good videos in here from the rangers lads

<table class="ipb_table topic_list hover_rows " summary="Topics In This Forum "The Bears" den"'="" id="forum_table" style="border-collapse: collapse; border-spacing: 0px; width: 1140px; line-height: 1.3; color: rgb(90, 90, 90); font-family: verdana, helvetica, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px;">
Cracking video of last night