Tonight's game v Harrogate Town

Guest Briggsy

Very good result against a Conference North side.

We lost 0-14 to a similar standard side a couple of years agp

Wasn't it the U18's that lost though? Also Harrogate aren't that great of a side neither. Still a reasonable result.

Brief summary of my thoughts on the game last night:

was quite an enjoyable game, our young team did well against some experienced Harrogate players. I thought Harrogate's stand out players were Adam Bolder and their main striker, who used to be in Hollyoaks!

Dawson looks good in goal, would expect him maybe to be loaned out to a league 1 or 2 team later this season.

In defence McKenzie looked strong and comfortable on the ball.

Obileye has improved since his shocker against Bradford a couple of years ago. Has moved up the pitch and was playing a 'Yaya Toure' kind of role, played some good through balls in for our strikers.

Mayor played the whole game, he made some really skilful runs and Harrogate could hardly get the ball off him, not a great deal of end product though.

Lambin was quite quick up front and got in some good positions, but I thought he was muscled off the ball quite easily by the Harrogate defenders. Lavery came on in mid way through second half but was quiet.

Also a mention to our number 7, on the right wing. Made some good forward runs. He set up the OG playing a ball across, when one of their players slid in to intercept and put it in his own net.

The game really came to life in the 2nd half, 2-1 at half time but it was 3-3 by about 55 minutes. I thought there would be more goals but last 20-30 minutes the game died down, I guess due to tiredness from a tough pre-season.

Looking forward to Rangers tonight WAWAW

Brief summary of my thoughts on the game last night:

was quite an enjoyable game, our young team did well against some experienced Harrogate players. I thought Harrogate's stand out players were Adam Bolder and their main striker, who used to be in Hollyoaks!

Dawson looks good in goal, would expect him maybe to be loaned out to a league 1 or 2 team later this season.

In defence McKenzie looked strong and comfortable on the ball.

Obileye has improved since his shocker against Bradford a couple of years ago. Has moved up the pitch and was playing a 'Yaya Toure' kind of role, played some good through balls in for our strikers.

Mayor played the whole game, he made some really skilful runs and Harrogate could hardly get the ball off him, not a great deal of end product though.

Lambin was quite quick up front and got in some good positions, but I thought he was muscled off the ball quite easily by the Harrogate defenders. Lavery came on in mid way through second half but was quiet.

Also a mention to our number 7, on the right wing. Made some good forward runs. He set up the OG playing a ball across, when one of their players slid in to intercept and put it in his own net.

The game really came to life in the 2nd half, 2-1 at half time but it was 3-3 by about 55 minutes. I thought there would be more goals but last 20-30 minutes the game died down, I guess due to tiredness from a tough pre-season.

Looking forward to Rangers tonight WAWAW

That about sums it up for me. There's was no-one who you looked at and thought would be nailed on to play first team. Mayor was clearly the most talented player on the park - his dribbling scared them to death although I thought in the second half he went a bit Hollywood/casual with some of his passing.

Taken from the official site.

A young Owls’ X1 were held to a 3-3 draw by Harrogate Town in an entertaining friendly on Tuesday.

Leading 3-1, Wednesday were in the driving seat but were pegged back for the hosts to claim a share of the spoils.

Kahili Lambin struck first for the visitors in the opening period before Anton Brown levelled for Harrogate.

The Owls then hit two goals either side of the interval through a Leigh Franks own goal and Ayo Obileye’s hit.

Bu the home side hit back with two goals in as many minutes, with Ashley Worsfold and Adam Bolder on target to level the score.

Read more at http://www.swfc.co.uk/news/article/young-owls-thriller-940984.aspx#o1F9rFQYmFLB1rzC.99 

Do they have proof readers on the official site? What is an X1? Bu the home side ... might need to check the T button on the keyboard. 

Taken from the official site.

Do they have proof readers on the official site? What is an X1? Bu the home side ... might need to check the T button on the keyboard. 

Near me it's the name of a local bus service. Not sure that helps?!