The missing midfielder

We all know jones is after a new midfielder but I am sure we have a good option under our noses, now I know that kivo will have the greatest opinion on this but am I the only one thinking of giving a dev squad player a go?

Ayo Obileye played a similar role last season and I believe he scored the most goals for the dev squad, would anyone like to see him get a go in the role next season? Semedo could provide back-up/competition or palmer who played the role last season could be in contention but with out ageing midfield and a young hungry player could overall give the first teamers a lift,

One thing I would be wary of is throwing them in the deep end and ruining them like we have done in the past to young players but look no further than Will Hughes at Derby who has been thrown in the deep end and has attracted attention from barca,

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=4GPAKe0kka0

Opinions?

First time I saw that Hughes kid was when Derby played Forest on sky a while ago. He looked pure class. I remember telling a mate to look out for him. Didn't know he'd been linked with Barca.

If you're good enough, you're old enough.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/barcelona-enter-chase-with-manchester-city-1441446

Just one of numerous articles

Liam palmer could do the job but now and then giving ayo a go could do him a world of good and get the big teams sniffing about, clearly got potential but if man managed well which I believe dave jones is the right man as he did with lots of players at Cardiff it can only be good for the football club,

Then again Bolton will probs just come and sign him for peanuts,

The one worry I have with DJ and what the Cardiff fans didn't like about him was the willingness he had to let good young talents go, but then again he had a similar financial position at Cardiff where selling players paid the bills and we aren't exactly made of money

Guest wilyfox

Prutton, jj and coke and semedo are late 20's

erm...Prutton is pushing 32, and JJ is 33.

What appealed to me about Coulibaly, is that he seemed to have everything we are looking for in a midfielder. Someone with leadership qualities who can tackle but is also able to be constructive with the ball. Most of us thought we would be looking at a couple of players to tick all those boxes, that he could do it all was a huge bonus.

Wrong side of 30 and both on 1 year deals, football careers are short unless your called Kevin Phillips

Wrong side of 30 and both on 1 year deals, football careers are short unless your called Kevin Phillips

What appealed to me about Coulibaly, is that he seemed to have everything we are looking for in a midfielder. Someone with leadership qualities who can tackle but is also able to be constructive with the ball. Most of us thought we would be looking at a couple of players to tick all those boxes, that he could do it all was a huge bonus.

Ye I thought that, shame we ain't loaded and can't afford everyone

Before we were linked with him i'd never heard of him. From what you are saying you must have seen quite a bit of him. Do you think his style of play suits a 3 man midfield or do you think him +1 in the middle would be sufficient....? We know DJ likes his wingers with 2 up front....  

No not really, just that cameo for us, but reading about his attributes, it seemed as if he would be a good fit. To my mind, we could do with three things in central midfield, a ball winner, someone who has good vision and can pass a ball, and if possible, an experienced leader to drive us forward. He looked to have all those qualities, so instead of looking for 2 or 3 in this area, we could pair him with Coke or young McCabe. Until we know the make up of our midfield, it's hard to know how we'll play. If selected, what will Maghoma's role be? Milan suggests he's a winger, but I can see him playing a role more central than that. We'll see, but I'd like to see 2 holding midfielders, preferably ones that can pass as well, with Maghoma just in front, flanked by Antonio, JJ or Helan.