Phil Bardsley - poo pooed.

Sky sports link http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/8819594/Transfer-news-Sheffield-Wednesday-rule-out-approach-for-Phil-Bardsley

Sheffield Wednesday boss Dave Jones has rubbished reports linking him with a move for Sunderland defender Phil Bardsley.

Speculation had suggested that the Owls were plotting an approach for the Scotland international.

It remains to be seen whether Bardsley will figure in Paolo Di Canio's plans next season, with Sunderland in the midst of a summer rebuilding programme.

Wednesday were said to hold an interest, with Bardsley a seasoned campaigner who would add considerable experience to their ranks.

Jones is, however, happy with his current options at full-back.

He already has Lewis Buxton and Kieran Lee as contenders at right-back, while Joe Mattock and Rafael Floro offer competition on the left.

When pressed on whether there is any substance to the Bardsley rumours, Jones said in the Sheffield Star: "No. I don't need a full-back. I've got Lewis and Lee."

Assume sky have forgotten about Reda on the left ???? Mattock and Flora aren't competition on the left - how can anyone be competition for Reda.

Even though defensively he is poo , a penalty waiting to happen and he only offers something as a threat at set pieces :ph34r:

Even though defensively he is poo , a penalty waiting to happen and he only offers something as a threat at set pieces :ph34r:

I'm with you mate, if were going to improve we need a proper left-back

Agree..He is inspirational whilst be being calamitous. I also think the same about Llera and his ability to paw at a man like a bear.

Agree..He is inspirational whilst be being calamitous. I also think the same about Llera and his ability to paw at a man like a bear.

I lost count of the times I've been slagged off on here for "daring" to criticise Reda and theres no doubt at all he is a real threat in the area from set pieces but defensively and positionally he is poor .

I still wouldn't like to see him play CB. I definitely think that playing LB allows him the odd error but that would be exposed even greater at CB.

No, I don't think he is disciplined enough for CB. Arguably not disciplined enough for fullback but he'll do for me. Strengths outweigh the weaknesses

I lost count of the times I've been slagged off on here for "daring" to criticise Reda and theres no doubt at all he is a real threat in the area from set pieces but defensively and positionally he is poor .

I don't think he's as bad as some people make out personally.

I really cannot understand how anyone can actually say Reda is poo poo. Granted when he first started out he was Bambi on ice and defo not a centre back. As a left back he is immense. When he plays he gives the whole squad a lift. Opposition players are poo poo scared of him. Has a better goals to games ratio than a lot of strikers (including our own Madine, Maguire etc etc) and works superbly well with Helan. Plus we rarely lose with him in the side. You can manipulate stats etc but facts you cannot.

Clearly many who slag him don't go to the games! What he brings to the team far outways the odd defensive lapse, which last season was not that often. Llera is much more of a liability than Reda will ever be!

I really cannot understand how anyone can actually say Reda is poo poo. Granted when he first started out he was Bambi on ice and defo not a centre back. As a left back he is immense. When he plays he gives the whole squad a lift. Opposition players are poo poo scared of him. Has a better goals to games ratio than a lot of strikers (including our own Madine, Maguire etc etc) and works superbly well with Helan. Plus we rarely lose with him in the side. You can manipulate stats etc but facts you cannot.

Clearly many who slag him don't go to the games! What he brings to the team far outways the odd defensive lapse, which last season was not that often. Llera is much more of a liability than Reda will ever be!

I often have my heart in my mouth or am wincing with some of the things that Llera does defensively. I'm hopeful we can bring in a less erratic presence at the back to partner Gardner - someone like a Danny Batth sort of player (no fuss, just does the job well) but of Championship standard (not easy, I know!)  

There were issues in defence last season, and remember one of the reasons we switched the system was give us a more solid look, although that probably had more to do with the make up of our midfield. Gardner and Buxton are generally solid but both Reda and Llera are prone to error. If we can find better, then great. If not, then we will have to modify the midfield, which in my opinion, we cannot use two out and out wingers in a 442 system