Temporary roof on the NWC

I dont think its lack of a roof that stops us using it?

Yeah its the structural state that means its opperating at reduced capacity atm (around 500 i think) but having it covered might make it a tad more attractive for away fans if need be 

Guest mrbluesky

Yeah its the structural state that means its opperating at reduced capacity atm (around 500 i think) but having it covered might make it a tad more attractive for away fans if need be 

Wrong again, ask SYP they will give you the definitive answer.

Guest mrbluesky

Probably because using all the seats means that fans would be within 200,000 miles of the home fans 

Yup but the monkey that is "The hillsborough disaster" will forever be there until we demolish and rebuild the away end.

Yup but the monkey that is "The hillsborough disaster" will forever be there until we demolish and rebuild the away end.

When the Lepp is finally redeveloped (cus lets face it it bloody needs it) it might make those few people who want to leave Hillsborough change their minds if they realize we can more than utilize the ground we already have. A new West and NWC could be built to be managed and segregated better too

Don't rain on my parade, tell me to put a tin hat on it if you like, but I'll be guttered if we don't have a roof on the North West corner to keep the crowd noise in.

Glad to hear the new scoreboard isn't far away either.

Wycombe? I think it's more to do with the potential for away fans to be within wee wee tail touching distance. SYP love a no mans land at Hillsborough. As for a roof?

Wycombe? I think it's more to do with the potential for away fans to be within wee wee tail touching distance. SYP love a no mans land at Hillsborough. As for a roof?

I think KivoOwl's right on the roof situ about it blocking the light on vere road ... this also explains why the NWC has an unusual swervey row pattern to it  

Are you saying that in this day and age there isn't a roof that's clear plastic and the same for the back of it down to where it would meet the top row of seats? Surely that is not the actual issue as in an architectural sense, everything is possible... It's simply SYP and SAG etc that put the kaybosh on using that part apart from the once in a blue moon when they're feeling festive towards our club.

We may aswell knock that part down and chuck something else in there that would actually get used... like a new scoreboard!! :D

We're not allowed to roof it - light issues for the houses on Vere Road.

This can be the only real reason for how chronic the situation is with our club and the likes of SYP et al just constantly been totally inept in every decision they make, it's so frustrating it's untrue.

If only an official group via Wednesdayite or such like could be formed to petition for true, meaningful and honest answers from those in the know. Then when the real facts are known / unearthed something positive could actually be done about this sorry constant debacle.

This issue really infuriates me!