Kenwyne Jones

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

Don't usually buy into to many twitter accounts, but a former freelance journalist turned sports management consultant is suggesting that there is some weight in Kenwyne Jones coming to us on a season long loan. The guy seems to be genuine and in the know, so we'll have to wait and see. 

Derek Hayford @Derek_Hayford

No longer a freelance journalist! A Football consultant for an up and coming sports management firm. New to this so be nice!

London

Strong rumours suggesting Kenwyne Jones is close to completing a season long loan deal at #swfc I will try and bring you more on this

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

Hope so, wages would be huge though. 

Depends on how much Stoke will cover...just a rumour at minute though, but this source holds some weight bearing in mind the guys background and his previous claims.

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

Too many pigs in Sheffield for Jones to come here.

Imagine if he goes for a drive round arbourthorne and sees all them pigs he'll have a mental and start throwing stuff through all them fiat punto windscreens

Guest ChadOwl

Depends on how much Stoke will cover...just a rumour at minute though, but this source holds some weight bearing in mind the guys background and his previous claims.

It'd be quality, if he could stay fit all season too I'd actually have good hopes for next year!

I personally would have thought that Mark Hughes will want to see all his players in a bit of pre-season action before anything like this takes place. I know if I was a new manager with potentially limited funds I'd like to see all my players in competitive action before considering sending a high earner out to a Championship club and lose them for a season without getting anything back in return apart from a percentage of their wages paid.

It would be a big statement of intent.

I would be absolutely over the moon with this signing but I can't see it.  Could we afford him and would he even consider dropping down a level?

If it's a loan Soke would probably pay most of his wages

Just cant see it. Why would he go to the championship when teams like palace could slot him in the team easy. Be a flipping reyt signing tho

Because they're direct competition I know last year we got Lukaku. But, it's not like we'd challenge for a top 4 spot. Stoke don't have that luxury. That's if its a loan