Ogrady wants to stay

Guest Bri The owl

Yes but had Palace got that late winner thanks to a dodgy free kick and Peterborough had held out for the draw, then we all would have been spared that pathetic little love in you had with the Huddersfield fans on the last day of the season.

It must be rather embarrassing for you, relying on a club going into administration one season and then a last minute poor refereeing decision to keep you in this league? Probably the reason nobody wants to sign for you as sooner or later your luck will run out and you'll be stuck in the lower leagues for years to come.

:ghoulguy: reply of the day, IMHO

Chris O’Grady is happy to stay at Sheffield Wednesday - if he is wanted, writes Neil Goulding.

The Owls hitman has a year left to run on his three-year deal at Hillsborough.

But Championship rivals Barnsley have already had a bid turned down for the player – and are understood to be poised to close in on their target.

It is believed that the Reds gave a verbal assurance to the Owls about making an improved offer for a player who cost their South Yorkshire rivals £350,000 from Rochdale.

However, indications from Hillsborough are that Wednesday have yet to receive a formal second bid for the striker.

O’Grady told The Star: “If I’m wanted at Sheffield Wednesday then that’s great, I’m more than happy to stay if I’m given a chance.

“I just want to play regular football and build on the momentum I got last season playing for Barnsley.

“I want to kick on now and, if my future lies at Sheffield Wednesday then I’ll give 100 per cent, like I do in every game.

“I’m capable of playing in the Championship. I’ve shown what I’m capable of even though I did initially find it a big jump going from League One.

“I was in and out of the team at Sheffield Wednesday last season and things unfortunately stalled, but as far as I know I’m due back in for pre-season training on June 24.

“At the end of the day my allegiance is to whoever wants me. I’m a Sheffield Wednesday player and I’ve got a year left on my contract, so if they want me I’ll happily play and give my all.”

O’Grady impressed on loan at Barnsley last season having been signed in the January transfer window until the end of the campaign.

His six goals and some battling performances up front were a key factor in the Reds avoiding relegation.

“I really enjoyed playing for Barnsley last season, it was great,” O’Grady told The Star.

“They’re a great bunch of lads and they’ve got a great manager [David Flitcroft].

“But I’ve just switched off for the moment to be honest. I’m just enjoying some time off on holiday and then when I come back we’ll have to see what happens.”

A high-ranking source at Oakwell suggested that a potential deal was closer after the transfer fee was verbally discussed.

The Reds are also chasing former Sheffield United striker Jon Stead and Motherwell marksman Michael Higdon.

i'm jumping to the conclusion that you've extracted this from some publication or another...

any such publication labelling cog a HITMAN, should have to reimburse the public's monies... :st2:

Vic, you're embarrassing yourself lad.

Take your bitter remarks elsewhere, it's becoming ever clearer that you're just like the rest of the fans of the local clubs with the "We Hate Wednesday" philosophy.

Envy is not healthy my friend.

Vic, you're embarrassing yourself lad.

Take your bitter remarks elsewhere, it's becoming ever clearer that you're just like the rest of the fans of the local clubs with the "We Hate Wednesday" philosophy.

Envy is not healthy my friend.

Leave him be, he's digging a pit of despair, init.

Always rated Cog.  Would be happy if he stays as he's proved he's more than capable at this level.

Always gives his all.

Any player who can take a double drop kick in the nuts and just get on with the game is definitely a plus in my book.

If he ends up going to the dingles, we will never hear the end of it. 

Why not?

They are all players capable of getting us promoted.

Leroy Lita is a top-end Championship striker.

Connor Wickham is a regular England U21 striker.

Michail Antonio was Barnsley's top target last year. ( lol)

Rhys McCabe is a Scotland U21 player.

Chris Kirkland has played for England and in the Premier League most of his career.

Anthony Gardner won Crystal Palace's POTS before. An established, decent Championship side, who this year have been promoted.

I'd say they are all good enough to get us promoted.

In my opinion, Lewis Buxton is top end second tier standard, too. And you had England cap Jay Bothroyd for a while, as well as Everton wonderkid Ross Barkley. 

Makes you wonder just what went wrong last season for Wednesday. Because you certainly had a decent looking squad at this level, in my opinion obviously. 

Ok, you've no longer got the services of Bothroyd, Barkley, Lita or Wickham (unless Jones brings them back) but you indeed have a good 5 or 6 solid players at this level that I'd have at Oakwell - Buxton, Kirkland, Gardner, Antonio and COG. 

But should Jones get similar backing to recruit another 3 or 4 solid players (like last term) can he this time get them to do anything but underachieve? Because that's what must have happened. I mean, didn't you go on two runs where you couldn't buy a victory for months? I remember us solving that for you in December. We've a propensity to help out clubs on shocking runs. We like to do our bit. And I'm glad we gave you the points in both games actually, as those two victories were what secured your Championship status, and we all like a nice local derby, don't we? 

(anybody who disagrees that those two wins against us kept you up, must also disagree with the deluded notion that Palace kept us up... think about it) 

When all is said and done, willy waving put to one side, there's very little between your side and ours. 

COG would be our best target man striker if he signs, just as he'd be your best if he stayed. But we've got Dagnall and Scotland who scored 16 goals between them. I don't recall Madine and Maguire's figures but I'd be surprised if they got half that amount. And it's nailed on they're on better money, and cost you more in terms of a fee. 

You can suggest Wickham and Lita are top end strikers at this level, but they were only on loan, and won't have been cheap. We loaned just COG up front and he scored pretty much at the same rate as Lita. And we got Scotland (another donkey you said) who scored the same amount. Not to forget, we had the worst run-in didn't we? I remember thread after thread on here highlighting the fact - "Dingles are definitely down" was a common remark. But we turned over all the big boys at Oakwell, and got three creditable draws away from home. 

It's going to be interesting to see what develops over the coming months, but whilst I may envisage us struggling to get much further than mid table, I see nothing to suggest you'll do any better. Despite your 'attractiveness' and 'huge gates' etc. 

Love you all, 

Sithi.  :danny-wilson:

In my opinion, Lewis Buxton is top end second tier standard, too. And you had England cap Jay Bothroyd for a while, as well as Everton wonderkid Ross Barkley. 

Makes you wonder just what went wrong last season for Wednesday. Because you certainly had a decent looking squad at this level, in my opinion obviously. 

Ok, you've no longer got the services of Bothroyd, Barkley, Lita or Wickham (unless Jones brings them back) but you indeed have a good 5 or 6 solid players at this level that I'd have at Oakwell - Buxton, Kirkland, Gardner, Antonio and COG. 

But should Jones get similar backing to recruit another 3 or 4 solid players (like last term) can he this time get them to do anything but underachieve? Because that's what must have happened. I mean, didn't you go on two runs where you couldn't buy a victory for months? I remember us solving that for you in December. We've a propensity to help out clubs on shocking runs. We like to do our bit. And I'm glad we gave you the points in both games actually, as those two victories were what secured your Championship status, and we all like a nice local derby, don't we? 

(anybody who disagrees that those two wins against us kept you up, must also disagree with the deluded notion that Palace kept us up... think about it) 

When all is said and done, willy waving put to one side, there's very little between your side and ours. 

COG would be our best target man striker if he signs, just as he'd be your best if he stayed. But we've got Dagnall and Scotland who scored 16 goals between them. I don't recall Madine and Maguire's figures but I'd be surprised if they got half that amount. And it's nailed on they're on better money, and cost you more in terms of a fee. 

You can suggest Wickham and Lita are top end strikers at this level, but they were only on loan, and won't have been cheap. We loaned just COG up front and he scored pretty much at the same rate as Lita. And we got Scotland (another donkey you said) who scored the same amount. Not to forget, we had the worst run-in didn't we? I remember thread after thread on here highlighting the fact - "Dingles are definitely down" was a common remark. But we turned over all the big boys at Oakwell, and got three creditable draws away from home. 

It's going to be interesting to see what develops over the coming months, but whilst I may envisage us struggling to get much further than mid table, I see nothing to suggest you'll do any better. Despite your 'attractiveness' and 'huge gates' etc. 

Love you all, 

Sithi.  :danny-wilson:

ok

Whitey, we don't accept the currency of magic flipping beans.

Either your club cough up the required funds or look elsewhere to try and lowball a club.

Been saying it for weeks. It's a done deal. 

In fact, listen to your owner. He admits as much himself. 

We're just thrashing out the method of payment. And we're all out of magic beans so it looks like blackies eggs will have to suffice. :danny-wilson:

Whitey can be a c0ck at times but at least he can post something reasonable to add to the debate. Unlike Vic Rattlegob.

I am a c0ck at times. And a bit of a knut quite often. Sometimes an arrssehole, too. 

No denials from me. 

But I know what I'm talking about, so I'm in a minority on here...  gary megson