Ogrady wants to stay

Guest Bri The owl

If O'Grady stays I'll be quite happy, shown he's good enough and we will need a big striker for next season.

If he goes and we get a decent fee I'll be equally pleased if we manage to replace him with a better player. But if we sell O'Grady and bring Howard in I wont be too impressed, not that Howard was a bad player but COG is a younger more valuable asset.

Guest JonTheOwl66

Doesn't really back up your argument I'm afraid.

Why not?

They are all players capable of getting us promoted.

Leroy Lita is a top-end Championship striker.

Connor Wickham is a regular England U21 striker.

Michail Antonio was Barnsley's top target last year. (lol)

Rhys McCabe is a Scotland U21 player.

Chris Kirkland has played for England and in the Premier League most of his career.

Anthony Gardner won Crystal Palace's POTS before. An established, decent Championship side, who this year have been promoted.

I'd say they are all good enough to get us promoted.

Guest TonyOwl88

I like COG and think he would have done more of a job than many of our loan strikers last season...

BUT

If a player isn't wanted, (which is obvious), or doesn't want to be here, (as he seemed to suggest in numerous interviews last season while on loan), then there is no point in keeping him. It would be bad for everybody to have him warm our bench if he's lucky, when we know he wants to be playing at Barnsley. If it boils down to money, then it doesn't change the fact that he said many times that he was committed to Barnsley.

Guest Vic Rattlehead

Why not?

They are all players capable of getting us promoted.

Leroy Lita is a top-end Championship striker.

Connor Wickham is a regular England U21 striker.

Michail Antonio was Barnsley's top target last year. (lol)

Rhys McCabe is a Scotland U21 player.

Chris Kirkland has played for England and in the Premier League most of his career.

Anthony Gardner won Crystal Palace's POTS before. An established, decent Championship side, who this year have been promoted.

I'd say they are all good enough to get us promoted.

Yet you spent the vast majority of the season in the bottom six and finished there.

I am Vic, I'm proving that we can attract players you can't. Keep on digging dingle boy.

Let me know when you find that proof.

Guest JonTheOwl66

Yes because you don't get promoted through 6 players do you?

I think the point I raised about Antonio is worth dwelling on.. Try explaining how we can't attract netter players than you, but Antonio was your number one target last summer and he signed for us.

Yes because you don't get promoted through 6 players do you?

I think the point I raised about Antonio is worth dwelling on.. Try explaining how we can't attract netter players than you, but Antonio was your number one target last summer and he signed for us.

Logic is wasted on Vic.  He only responds to posts that fit in with his agenda.  He ignores everything else that is asked.

Why if a manager doesn't pick a player does it result in people stating that the manager has "frozen out" the said player?

Which for me implies some underlying reasons for the players lack of involvement or that the manager is clueless.

Can the manager just not fancy the player and that be it?

As for COG. Meh.

Cos it's not as exciting as the big conspiracy theorem.

Also it doesn't fit with ppl's agenda to undermine DJ at every opportunity.

I'd say the truth is more along the lines that DJ and most of us ppl in general think that Bothroyd is a far better footballer than Chris O'Grady (whether we like it or not his career suggests he is). Unfortunately it didn't work out for us and I'm guessing if we didn't play him we would have had a massive bill.

But again that's not as exciting as the conspiracy theorem

Guest Vic Rattlehead

We finished 18th Vic, not 19th. I'm actually f*cking gutted that Palace saved you.

Dizzy heights.

Palace didn't save us any more than they relegated you in 2010.

Dizzy heights.

Palace didn't save us any more than they relegated you in 2010.

How do you work that one out? Palace relegated us because they got a result at Hillsborough, you stayed up because they beat Peterborough, not because you did the business yourself.

Let me know when you find that proof.

Well we could start with Chris O'Grady, or how about your top summer transfer target Michail Antonio.

Or maybe we could talk about how Neil Mellor chose to play for us in League 1 rather than sign for you.

Still, I'm sure if we were after Jon Stead he'd choose you over us. lol

Guest Vic Rattlehead

How do you work that one out? Palace relegated us because they got a result at Hillsborough, you stayed up because they beat Peterborough, not because you did the business yourself.

I could have sworn we played 46 games last season.

You and your barnsley friends are flippingvvankers, please stop posting and ill promise to fund the deal that takes o'grady to your horrible little club.

Seriously, flip off.

Yes but had Palace got that late winner thanks to a dodgy free kick and Peterborough had held out for the draw, then we all would have been spared that pathetic little love in you had with the Huddersfield fans on the last day of the season.

It must be rather embarrassing for you, relying on a club going into administration one season and then a last minute poor refereeing decision to keep you in this league? Probably the reason nobody wants to sign for you as sooner or later your luck will run out and you'll be stuck in the lower leagues for years to come.