Ogrady wants to stay

Guest Bri The owl

Guest wilyfox

He'll still move to Barnsley. Maybe he's just realised he shouldn't have been so vocal about his desire to join them whilst still under contract to us.

Guest On Fire

Its not a case of we love him mate, we just think its strange outta the flops we currently own that COG is easily the best option, now fair enough if they can replace him and the others firing blanks then go for IT, but only If we Intend to replace them with better and not with "has beens" on loans.

Got a bad feeling that from the media vibes coming from MM that next seasons gunna be a big struggle yet again, so hope Im wrong.

Madines better than cog

I seriously doubt you could afford much (any?) better than O'Grady but keep dreaming lads.

Live in the past or imagine a future that doesn't exist. Better than living in the present. It's the Owlsmen way.

It's not just about who you can afford but who you can attract too. Some clubs have just 'got' 'it' and some clubs just haven't.

Guest Vic Rattlehead

It's not just about who you can afford but who you can attract too. Some clubs have just 'got' 'it' and some clubs just haven't.

I agree. You can only attract the sort of players that will get you as far as the bottom six in the Championship.

As I've said before I wouldn't be too disappointed to see COG stay but there is no question that we have to try and improve on our striking options if we are to be more competitive next season.

I'm not sure if Madine's going to make progress and even though I was impressed with Maguire when he managed to get some game time, he's not an out and out striker.

Guest On Fire

COG was a revelation for us early last season, our best striker by far.

No he wasn't he even said himself he struggled to adapt to the championship early on

Admit it he's rubbish

He's not liked from the top at board level to management level as he was  gary megson  baby. It's personal and pathetic IMO.

DJ has effectively frozen him out twice (he played no part in the promotion run in or the second half of last season) but in between times he proved the best striker on our books. May as well just get a fee and get rid of the wage as DJ dosent want him.

You may argue he dosent want Madine or Maguire either. So effectively we don't have a striker at the club the manager likes.

He'd score 10-12 goals minimum a season for us and provide a good foil for a goal poacher...  can hold the ball up well and lays off some good passes...

So a proven number 10 in this division and as part of a poor team who were fighting relegation.. so why do you not think he;s good enough??

Was scoring 1 in 2 or 3 for the dingles...  where was our striker that was doing that? and it's no gamble, bringing any new striker in would always be a gamble e.g. Bothroyd...

COG was a revelation for us early last season, our best striker by far.

Best striker, best goals tally last season, best proper no. 10, proper professional.

Yes we'd all like to be better, but we haven't got any better than COG...!

CHRISSY, CHRISSY O'GRADY...!

No he wasn't he even said himself he struggled to adapt to the championship early on

Admit it he's rubbish

He was "on fire" early season, it's just that "Dave the Builder" fancied a bit of demolition work to kickstart an early season decline.

DJ didn't fancy COG cos he was in love with Bothroyd.

I know who I preferred and he doesn't wear ladies' UGG boots.

Plus I can still remember the Bramall Lane derby which most seem to have forgotten already

I was thinking more of Gary Madine.

Would that be the same Gary Madine that absolutely ran your defence ragged when you came to Hillsborough?

It must be awfully worrying when right in the full swing of Flickers revolution, such a sub-standard centre forward can dominate your centre halves with such ease.

Edited by TrickyTrev

Because most on here are deluded, but they must know what they are talking about as most are football managers on their Pc's, X Boxes etc etc....IMO COG is the best of an average bunch that we have, In reality we should be looking to spend a little cash and replace them all, but Milans latest Interviews all point to him zipping up his purse and ripping up his £350K pre printed cheque book this season, loans and freebies are the milan way it would seem.

COG has been one of the owlstalkers boo boys lately, Its just owlstalk Innit?

He may be the best of an average bunch Steve but that still doesn't mean he is any good. He is a very average football player and I couldn't care less if he stays or goes.

Admit it he's rubbish

Do you go to games...?

He turned games for us against Oldham, Derby, Birmingham, Millwall and ripped Burnley a new ar5ehole at turf moor, scoring 5 in that period.

Yeah, he was shiite...!