How is it even possible?

Guest JamesSwfcOwl

Guest JamesSwfcOwl

How on earth can we have lost 5m this year? 

think this needs explaining further

f***in ROB STATON

Edited by JamesSwfcOwl

Guest JamesSwfcOwl

I know but Rob has worded it shockingly and made us look like a joke. Other clubs taking the mick out of us

Edited by JamesSwfcOwl

The players we signed last summer although free transfers (in the main) would still require signing on fees and bonuses etc. also the fact that we had to pay off players and staff wouldn't have helped, are we still paying GM or has his garden leave now finished? 5 million is a lot of money to you and me but in the bigger world of football its nothing that concerns me too much, Yes I would love to be breaking even or making profit but the clubs infrastructure has been enhanced incredibly over the past 24 months and these things all cost money. Stop worrying about this and thank god you don't support the scrubbers across the city.

Someone posted about a year ago that we were known to pay daft (high) wages for players. No doubt most of the daft contracts are now finished.

Others have said that shop merchandising is not good. I cannot see it being any worse than other clubs.

Bigger ground, bigger gates, a few naughty fans means high police bills.

A half decent sponsor would help

I calculated that we took £1 million on the day for the Wycombe game

I know but Rob has worded it shockingly and made us look like a joke. Other clubs taking the mick out of us

I presume by other clubs you mean Sheffield United and perhaps Barnsley, Doncaster, Rotherham and Chesterfield and if so why are you even bothered??

Two of those clubs have already cheated their way out of debts by going into admin and when you look at that list in general we're in a far better position than any going forward.

Guest Fedor

An ex footballer I know told me that when you hear players are on 5k or whatever, this is after tax. So the wage bill is probably higher than we think.

Where's that then? I work with fans of all the other local clubs, with the exception of Donny, and even though the blades and dingles hate us with a passion, nobody's said anything to me about this, at work.

The latest report byt Deloitte, on the state of English football, which was released this week, said that english clubs have generated millions more income last season, than any other season in history, but almost all of them have made significant losses.

The root of all evil I'm afraid......agents. They created an arms race in the player market and all clubs feel they have to offer more and more wages to get the players their fans demand. 70% expenditure goes on wages in the premier league, I think it's higher in the championship. Yet fans always blame managers and chairmen when things go wrong and players never get the blame for failure, despite being almost entirely to blame.

Some fans on here are complaining that we don't sign expensive forwards and bigger name players then getting upset because we're losing money. You can't have it both ways.

Until players start getting released and not finding clubs as belts are tightened wages won't come down which leaves youth development the only way out for most clubs which is why I am so happy with the steps forward Jones and Mandaric have been making with the youth set up and development squad

Don't forget for every £1,000 we take in gate receipts the government takes £200 in VAT

You sure about that....

I imagine most of it is claimed back.

Oh dear

The VAT on £1000 received at the gate is £166.67