Premier League Free Transfers...

"All of those would be well out of our wage structure, apart from maybe Dean Whitehead."  - QUOTE

BUT theyve been released and with clubs struggling financially will they command the wgaes they were on previously, of course not, so they will have to play for what clubs are prepared to pay them rather than what they were on previously...

So how can you say they are well out of our wage stucture? I don't get it...

Take Jerome Thomas for example, wasn't released because we couldn't afford him. He just couldn't get into the side that much, didn't fit into our team. Maybe because Clarke didn't rate him. Now hypothetically say he was on £30kpw at ours. Yes he he may need to drop to £20kpw but he is still a player with skills and there are teams who are willing to pay that.  If you your wage cap is £12.5kpw obviously it too big a drop for the player to take. Therefore outside of the wage structure 

Guest Red Owl

Not that fussed - the ones who would improve our side would be on too-high wages, and the others are just past-it journeymen who would still command high wages and lack the drive a player yet to prove himself would have.

I mean, Delap? I'd rather sign someone who can play actual football.

The only players we could afford from Premiership clubs, are young kids on not too much money (if they even exist)

They exist but the transfer policy got to be smarter. To push on you've got to improve your scouting system, and perhaps think outside the box. We make 1 big signing a year the rest are frees or loans We now pay fairly decent wages for the division we're in. 

They exist but the transfer policy got to be smarter. To push on you've got to improve your scouting system, and perhaps think outside the box. We make 1 big signing a year the rest are frees or loans We now pay fairly decent wages for the division we're in.

Good reply mate.

Not into loans personally though, they mostly benefit the loaning club.

The only loans I have time for are full season loans where the player can't be recalled and actually turn out to be valuable additions to the squad. The downside is that they're a gamble

Edited by theowlsman

Good reply mate.

Not into loans personally though, they mostly benefit the loaning club.

The only loans I have time for are full season loans where the player can't be recalled and actually turn out to be valuable additions to the squad. The downside is that they're a gamble

We've just had a season of Romelu Lukaku and now that Mourinho is back and Clarke Is his best mate, there's a glimmer of another loan. Loan can be a crap shoot, but,  what if Rodri had scored 20 goals? They work both ways, we've had our fair share of Andy Slorey's as well. You need to sort your structure but it's going to take time, so far we're 13 years into our rejuvenation. This is a forum though everybody wants things yesterday :biggrin: Baggies are just as bad sometimes some have even complained about Clarke after the season we've just had.   

We've just had a season of Romelu Lukaku and now that Mourinho is back and Clarke Is his best mate, there's a glimmer of another loan. Loan can be a crap shoot, but,  what if Rodri had scored 20 goals? They work both ways, we've had our fair share of Andy Slorey's as well. You need to sort your structure but it's going to take time, so far we're 13 years into our rejuvenation. This is a forum though everybody wants things yesterday :biggrin: Baggies are just as bad sometimes some have even complained about Clarke after the season we've just had.   

Heard a rumour Mandaric has Clarke lined up as DJ's replacement if he hasn't got us in the play offs by Christmas.

Well, it's no worse a rumour than any of the other poo I've seen on here this summer. lol

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

Heard a rumour Mandaric has Clarke lined up as DJ's replacement if he hasn't got us in the play offs by Christmas.

Well, it's no worse a rumour than any of the other poo I've seen on here this summer. lol

How true. lol

In all seriousness since RDM. we've had somebody scouting our next head coach there's probably a shortlist somewhere :biggrin: Compare how we've done in our 3 years in the Prem, to our Orange and Black neighbours. Its been outstanding 

Guest waistline ye diddle

No mention of it on official or local press. As Liam said it'll be later in the window,if at all. We posted our released list a couple of weeks ago Thomas and Jara Reyes were the only two the rest are open to fees

Its in the bbc and premier league websites too that Fortune has gone. not that he'll end up here.

Most will be out of reach but Jackson and Martin (edit: he's gone to derby hasn't he. D'oh) from norwich, then DJ Campbell and frazer Richardson catching my eye. veseli from man utd is suppose to be ok.

Edited by waistline ye diddle

Its in the bbc and premier league websites too that Fortune has gone. not that he'll end up here.

Most will be out of reach but Jackson and Martin (edit: he's gone to derby hasn't he. D'oh) from norwich, then DJ Campbell and frazer Richardson catching my eye. veseli from man utd is suppose to be ok.

linkage please because I still can't see anything official 

The BBC have him down as released under West Brom.

They've taken it from the Premier League site which is incorrect, because it also lists Gera who we're in talks with about a new deal. I don't expect Fortune to go until the Odemwingie (Palace likely) situation is sorted and he may yet get a new deal

Arsenal

Andrey Arshavin, Samir Bihmoutine, Reice Charles-Cook, Denilson, Craig Eastmond, Sead Hajrovic, Conor Henderson, Jernade Meade, Nigel Oldfield Spence-Neita, Joshua Rees, Philip Roberts, James Shea, Sebastien Squillaci, Sanchez Watt.

Aston Villa

Calum Barrett, Joshua Barton, Courtney Cameron, Daniel Devine, Eric Lichaj, Andrew Marshall.

Chelsea

Amin Affane, Yossi Benayoun, Abdul Deen-Conteh, Paulo Ferreira, Hilario, Florent Malouda, Archange Nkumu, Ross Turnbull.

Everton

Johan Hammar, Thomas Hitzlsperger, Sam Kelly, Jan Mucha, Phil Neville.

Fulham

Chris Baird, Simon Davies, Mahamadou Diarra, Thomas Donegan, Corey Gameiro, Georgios Karagkounis, James Musa, Richard Peniket, Mladen Petric, Mark Schwarzer, Alex Smith, Csaba Somogyi.

Liverpool

Tyrell Belford, Jamie Carragher, Jamie Stephens, Dan Wilson.

Manchester City

Wayne Bridge, Filippo Mancini, Ryan McGivern, Roque Santa Cruz, Kolo Toure.

Manchester United

Reece Brown, John Cofie, Michele Fornasier, Luke Giverin, Luke Hendrie, Luke McCullough, Paul Scholes, Gyliano Van Velzen, Freddie Veseli.

Newcastle United

Steve Harper, Yven Moyo, Danny Simpson.

Norwich City

Tom Adeyemi, Lee Camp, Olumide Durojaiye, George Francomb, Simeon Jackson, Chris Martin, Ramil Sheriff, Korey Smith, Marc Tierney, Elliott Ward.

Queens Park Rangers

Tal Ben Haim, DJ Campbell, Radek Cerny, Frederick Champion, Adam Francis, Troy Hewitt, Rob Hulse, Ryan Nelsen, Taylor Parmenter, Tommaso Trani.

Reading

Nick Bignall, Simon Church, Ian Harte, Noel Hunt, Charlie Losasso, Angus MacDonald, Alex Pearce, Nicky Shorey, Jay Tabb, Joshua Webb, Brett Williams.

Southampton

Dan Butterfield, Ryan Dickson, Tommy Forecast, Sam Hoskins, Ben Reeves, Frazer Richardson, Dan Seaborne, Alberto Seidi.

Stoke City

Michael Clarkson, Rory Delap, Matthew Gledhill, Jadan Hall, Matthew Lund, Andrew Musungu, Carlo Nash, Michael Owen, Jermaine Pennant, George Rigg, Mamady Sidibe, Matthew Upson, Dean Whitehead.

Sunderland

Titus Bramble, Anthony Callaghan, Wade Joyce, Matthew Kilgallon, Ryan Noble, Adam Reed, Ben Wilson.

Swansea City

Mark Gower.

Tottenham Hotspur

Jack Barthram, David Bentley, John Bostock, William Gallas, Jack Munns, Jake Nicholson.

West Bromwich Albion

Marc-Antoine Fortune, Zoltan Gera, Gonzalo Jara, Romaine Sawyers, Jerome Thomas.

West Ham United

Carlton Cole, Jake Larkins, Gary O'Neil, Jack Powell, Jami Rafati, Eoin Wearen.

Wigan Athletic

Peter Aylmer, Albert Crusat, Franco Di Santo, David Jones, Adrian Lopez, Jonathan Lynch, Callum Morris, Filip Orsula, Ronnie Stam, Joshua Sumner, Ryan Watson.