Change of Kit and colours

"IF" the kit was changed to red (shudders at the thought)

I’m sure the majority of Wednesday fans would boycott it

Buy the blue and white retro kits! Simple.

No red at Hillsborough, the new owners would soon get the message with 0 new shirt sales.

It would not take long for them to come round to our way of thinking, 0 shirt sales = less income

No one is that thick in business, to press ahead and think we would buy red.

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

I would imagine new owners wouldn't have to change our colours.

Unlike like Cardiff's Malaysian owners, who must be trying to bring in as much revenue as possible.

That said, Red wasn't essential, team's who play in blue and other colours still get their shirts bought in the Asian market,

it doesn't stop Asians buying Chelsea or Man City or Real Madrid or Barce shirts. 

I feel sorry for Cardiff's genuine fans, not the glory-hunter fans who have only been supporting them for a few years and didn't care about their own club's history.

If we changed our name, lost our identity and destroyed our history, then I wouldn't follow us anymore. 

Success and money and getting to the Prem, is short-lived. Whereas a club's history is far longer than our lifetime.

What happened to Cardiff, is exactly what's wrong with the modern game today. Too much greed, no patience and fully focused on short-lived success, and owners not caring about the fans.

Edited by Sweet&TenderOwl

racist

lol

Stay on his back Senwar, I want to see how far he can carry you.  Could he get you up Wadsley Lane?  How about from the bottom of the kop to to the top.  We need to know.  Also, the season needs to restart soon.

Guest dunellaowl

Why would anyone even think of changing our colours..

We invented the blue n white stripes"

Cardiff changed to red to be more "welsh"

If an owner came in and changed are kit to Red, what COULD WE do? It is a worrying question...

Well for a start Owlstalk would quickly produce a blue and white shirt that everyone would buy leaving the club with thousands of unsold shirts and the new owners would think " whats so lucky about red, i know blue is the new red in terms of lucky, lets go with that eh" and bingo, blue and white it is then.

I'd probably lose interest if we started to lose our identity, whether it was red or any other colour other than blue and white. Bit bizzare when you think about it to be be honest, although I'm sure it's different looking at it from our perspective seeing as football is deep rooted within our community. But I can't imagine not being a football fan and then supporting a foreign team purely for the colour of their shirt.

Guest cypress hill

END OF THREAD

no it wern't.

i find it funny when people say END OF THREAD and there's loads more posts after

END OF THREAD