New offers for Owls six

Guest wilyfox

But with Prutton, Coke, McCabe, Corry, Palmer and Mayor all 'good squad players' as you call it; we have more decent back up than quality starters...

But with Prutton, Coke, McCabe, Corry, Palmer and Mayor all 'good squad players' as you call it; we have more decent back up than quality starters...

Which I'd be worried about, if wasn't still only May 17th.

Guest 5512uto

Fairly happy they're all getting offers, although as others have said offering prutton and coke contracts would suggest we aren't going to be bringing in much for central midfield, I'd be dissapointed if olofinjana was our only signing for that position, especially with his apparent injury issues

Guest wilyfox

Which I'd be worried about, if wasn't still only May 17th.

May 17 or July 17, that same list of midfielders will probably still be here if Prutton and Coke sign new deals

Guest AbbeyOwl

The thing is as squad players you probably won't get better than Prutton/Bywater/Llera and Coke, they will probably won't be on much and to replace them you could be paying more so might as well try and keep them, they have proved they can cope with the Championship.

BUT obviously we all hope going into the season we have some new players especially in midfield, i don't think many people expect them all (if they sign) to be first names on the team sheets.

Don t you want to sign players especially experienced players who are pushing to play first team football, who really signs 'squad' players?

Guest wilyfox

Aye, probably as squad players and behind the better players we'll have signed come July 17th...

i do hope so. i didn't want an overhaul like we had last year, but still anticipated 5 or 6 arrivals. retaining as many as we have, it could be so few as 3 - if we can move the likes of Lines, Semedo & O'Grady out. Obviously the more we keep, there fewer places left to fill.

May 17 or July 17, that same list of midfielders will probably still be here if Prutton and Coke sign new deals

So you think that if Prutton and Coke sign then we won't see any new midfielders come in before the start if the season? I think the only question is which date you are proved wrong on.

Sheffield Wednesday have offered new contracts to Lewis Buxton, Jermaine Johnson, Miguel Llera, David Prutton, Giles Coke and Stephen Bywater.

The club have issued the new contract offers to the players and their agents.

Academy products Adam Hinchliffe and Hayden White have also been offered professional contracts.

First team squad members Nicky Weaver and Julian Bennett and youngsters Matthew Fletcher, Harry Grant and Bastien Hery have not been offered new deals at the club.

Meanwhile, the Owls can also confirm the departure of Nejc Pecnik. The forward has left the club by mutual consent.

The Owls would like to thank all outgoing players for their services and wish them well for the future.

we're either havin' a 40+ man squad, or it's another relegation battle for us next season...

GET SOME QUALITY IN, FFS...

Julian Bennett Wednesday legend

Julian Bennetts Wednesday record

Apps 25

Goals 2

Thankyou and good luck Julian Bennett.

Nejc Pecnik Wednesday legend

Nejc Pecnik's Wednesday record

Apps 14

Goals 0

Thankyou and good luck Nejc Pecnik.

Thankyou for your time at Wednesday and good luck Matthew Fletcher and Harry Grant.

Julian Bennett Wednesday legend

Julian Bennetts Wednesday record

Apps 25

Goals 2

Thankyou and good luck Julian Bennett.

Nejc Pecnik Wednesday legend

Nejc Pecnik's Wednesday record

Apps 14

Goals 0

Thankyou and good luck Nejc Pecnik.

Thankyou for your time at Wednesday and good luck Matthew Fletcher and Harry Grant.

it's comin' to sumthin' when the keepers scored more than pecnik...

Guest wilyfox

So you think that if Prutton and Coke sign then we won't see any new midfielders come in before the start if the season? I think the only question is which date you are proved wrong on.

7 CMs on our books already...how many do you want?

Guest AbbeyOwl

I bet season ticket sales just came to a juddering halt, people will be thinking oh no here we go again

Guest wilyfox

So not only do you think we won't sign any midfielders but you also think none of our midfielders will leave?

Lines and Semedo will have to now; new deals for the other two has sealed their fate. i'd have sold them and let one of the other two go, using the budget of 3 to bring someone decent in.

Edited by wilyfox