New offers for Owls six

As far as Palmer goes, I'm sure he'd rather be playing games. That should be the approach from all the younger players, although we need to make sure that they are still viewed as part of our future set up and the loan is just part of their development.

Guest intercity0wl

No that's insane.

Get rid of them all and lets sign 12 players again.

Whether its 5 payers or 12 players we bring in, they need to be of a better quality than what we have to progress, I don't think some of those offered new contracts are capable of offering anything other than another survival battle.

Guest Big Guns

You're getting boring now. you need a new word of the day.

Stagnate stagnate stagnate stagnate stagnate stagnate stagnate stagfookinate

Really the problem is, we don't have the resources to replace them with better quality, well not replace them and add to our attacking options. Maybe some of the youngsters will progress enough to offer us that extra bit of quality. They are not there yet though, and DJ probably realises that with the budget restrictions, he's better buying time by letting these six continue.

Really the problem is, we don't have the resources to replace them with better quality, well not replace them and add to our attacking options. Maybe some of the youngsters will progress enough to offer us that extra bit of quality. They are not there yet though, and DJ probably realises that with the budget restrictions, he's better buying time by letting these six continue.

its bleeding obvious guru but some cant seem to see it .....the biggish money will go on a striker and that wont leave much (if any) for anyone  else with better quality than we already have . 

Dave Jones ''I'm a builder stagnater''

I understand the general opinion here but I think you comment is harsh on DJ.  I think DJ has his hands tied somewhat.  MM chooses whether we stagnate or not.  Let's hope better will be brought in - I am a little doubtful that we will recruit quality though. 

Guest Big Guns

They have till the end of today to decide, it was reported on RS this morning.

Do you believe that ?

Guest AbbeyOwl

With the exception of Buxton as I said on his thread, if we retain the other 5 players we will struggle again next season, we need to sign better players if we truly wish to get promoted

Guest Big Guns

With the exception of Buxton as I said on his thread, if we retain the other 5 players we will struggle again next season, we need to sign better players if we truly wish to get promoted

It would cost millions to replace JJ apart from that your about right tho I think cokes got more to offer

Guest Sheff Owl

The thing is as squad players you probably won't get better than Prutton/Bywater/Llera and Coke, they will probably won't be on much and to replace them you could be paying more so might as well try and keep them, they have proved they can cope with the Championship.

BUT obviously we all hope going into the season we have some new players especially in midfield, i don't think many people expect them all (if they sign) to be first names on the team sheets.

So you think we'll just retain these players and that will be us done in the transfer market this summer?

Guest Big Guns

So you think we'll just retain these players and that will be us done in the transfer market this summer?

Apart from two additions I think that could happen

I don't think it's too bad myself. Buxton obvious, JJ, is a squad player with a bit of impact, and this will be his last year. Coke and Prutton are surely just good squad players as well, Coke improved a lot and Prutton was always steady, I expect them to be bench players. Llera only time will tell. Bywater, number 2, so why not. 

Pecnik, lines, Semedo, Bennett and hopefully Taylor and Mattock get moved on, plenty of room to bring some players in. Mattock maybe worth another season though. 

Howard will surely not come back!

Guest wilyfox

Which is why I expressed a desire that we bring in a few players to improve on what we have. But it's interesting after the consensus of last season was apparently that we changed too much, too quickly that some seem to advocating something of a repeat. I would anticipate that Coke and Prutton are earmarked for reserve roles and that Semedo and Lines will be shopped around for potential exit. Similarly at centre back, I imagine Llera will compete with Taylor to be on the bench behind a new, younger arrival.

Prutton might accept a bit part role at 31/32; but Coke is only 26/27, and will want to play whoever he signs for.

I don't agree with the consensus that too much change was the problem last season. They had to be made in order to try and find the right mix. No one on here would have wanted Coke and Prutton paired together a year ago - all of a sudden they are the messiahs...

We have to have a deadline, we need to know as soon as possible what we will have to bring in.

Paul Walker stated on the radio this morning that the deadline for those players offered new contracts, was the end of today.

Sign or wave goodbye!

No one on here would have wanted Coke and Prutton paired together a year ago - all of a sudden they are the messiahs...

No one has said they're the messiahs though really have they. I mean, literlaly no one.

I have seen loads and loads of people saying they'll be good squad players though, which was proven last season.