New offers for Owls six

If the majority of those sign, it would give us the continuity in the base of the squad to add the 4 or 5 players that we need rather than wholesale change.

Can't agree more - we were almost found out at the end of last season when we lost Antonio, JJ etc.  We need solid, committed players to form the basis of the squad, which most of them on the list are. Question is whether MM funds the addition of players who will enhance the squad to one which can compete throughout the season.

Guest aj_owl

Suprised at Coke and Prutton we need better in order to progress, i would maybe have expected to retained one at most (probably Coke).

Coke, Prutton, Semedo, Palmer, Lines, Corry and Mccabe all on the books with the prospect of only Lines and Semedo moving on probably spells the end of a good creative midfield signing we so desperately need.

I suppose we can just pretend that our form for the last six months wasn't actually all that good to feed our habit of woe and constant change. And as for the lousy first four months, half of those offered new deals hardly played a minute between them, and another spent a good deal of it on the bench.

As long as we bring in a few players of better quality I see the sense in retaining at least 5 out of the 6. The only question mark would be whether it's necessary to keep Prutton AND Coke, rather than just one of them.

Sensible posts are never going to catch on, you know.

We need to completely overhaul the squad whilst keeping the promotion players at the same time.

Guest wilyfox

I suppose we can just pretend that our form for the last six months wasn't actually all that good to feed our habit of woe and constant change. And as for the lousy first four months, half of those offered new deals hardly played a minute between them, and another spent a good deal of it on the bench.

As long as we bring in a few players of better quality I see the sense in retaining at least 5 out of the 6. The only question mark would be whether it's necessary to keep Prutton AND Coke, rather than just one of them.

You ignore the fact that change was often needed - not desired. Changes were made because they had to be. It would be a mistake to assume the same team that finished our season would repeat that form throughout the next campaign. Half of it wasn't ours anyway. Six of the clubs we'll face will be different, and most other teams will ring changes to address problems and seek improvement.

Despite some good results, we weren't playing that well - often struggling to create and score. Prutton and Coke did not play their way back into the team on merit either; McCabe and Corry lacked experience, Lines and Semedo struggled to make the step up. They were next in line.

You ignore the fact that change was often needed - not desired. Changes were made because they had to be. It would be a mistake to assume the same team that finished our season would repeat that form throughout the next campaign. Half of it wasn't ours anyway. Six of the clubs we'll face will be different, and most other teams will ring changes to address problems and seek improvement.

Despite some good results, we weren't playing that well - often struggling to create and score. Prutton and Coke did not play their way back into the team on merit either; McCabe and Corry lacked experience, Lines and Semedo struggled to make the step up. They were next in line.

Which is why I expressed a desire that we bring in a few players to improve on what we have. But it's interesting after the consensus of last season was apparently that we changed too much, too quickly that some seem to advocating something of a repeat. I would anticipate that Coke and Prutton are earmarked for reserve roles and that Semedo and Lines will be shopped around for potential exit. Similarly at centre back, I imagine Llera will compete with Taylor to be on the bench behind a new, younger arrival.

Guest Big Guns

Which is why I expressed a desire that we bring in a few players to improve on what we have. But it's interesting after the consensus of last season was apparently that we changed too much, too quickly that some seem to advocating something of a repeat. I would anticipate that Coke and Prutton are earmarked for reserve roles and that Semedo and Lines will be shopped around for potential exit. Similarly at centre back, I imagine Llera will compete with Taylor to be on the bench behind a new, younger arrival.

so you dont think we will stagnate then :ohmy:

If having experienced back up means that we can get some of the younger players out on loan, then brilliant. Bring in 5 or 6 quality additions and those not quite ready for regular championship football can get experience elsewhere. Palmer, Corry, McCabe, Mayor and even Madine, are better off playing games in the First Division.

Guest Distraught!

Dave Jones ''I'm a builder stagnater''

Davey Jones "I'm a believer".

(No doubt in my mind). lol

If having experienced back up means that we can get some of the younger players out on loan, then brilliant. Bring in 5 or 6 quality additions and those not quite ready for regular championship football can get experience elsewhere. Palmer, Corry, McCabe, Mayor and even Madine, are better off playing games in the First Division.

Palmer must have forgotten what Hillsborough looks like.

I'd be happy if they all stayed

The last 25 games we've got 43 points to get anywhere in this league you have to show consistency barr Bywater the other 5 all contributed in a positive way in the second half of the season.

Wholesale changes is not the way to go unless you throw loads of cash at it which is not oing to happen

We could loan the youngsters out and still have strength in depth within the squad. Moving on Lines, Semedo and O'Grady for cash should help us bring in a few more