New offers for Owls six

Guest Sheff Owl

If all these sign then just need to add a few players with quality.

Most important we get a decent striker in and maybe a left winger.

Obviously one or two will be sold.

hayden white has left

Hayden White? Why not say he's moved on? Crazy.

I don't know you know. I've read a few articles on this lad including back of tonights star and i think he's shopping around for best deal. It doesn't sound like he's actually signed for anyone yet, fair enough it looks like he wont be signing for us but he has been offered a deal and until he signs elsewhere i suppose that offer stands.

Edited by 1867Heaven

Surprised to see Prutts and Coke on that list. But maybe DJ knows he aint getting the cash for wholesale changes. At least hose 2 have shown that they can do a back up job that will see us just escape relegation, which I spose is the very least we want to achieve this season.

Don't panic guys, Bennett, Weaver and Pecnik gone, although not been in squad it's still 3 lots of wages saved. We had 5/6 loanees that's gone back (inc Holden) That's obviously 8/9 lots of wages, we don't need 8/9 new players so we could spread that over 5/6 new decent players, but I can see us goin for ***, Lita, Jezza, Pugh n big Stevie not leaving much room for any fresh new players unless he gets rid of Lines, Cogba, Semedo n maybe Madine. Time will tell

Guest mkowl

Neither Coke or Prutton let us down in the 2nd half of the season. The Championship with its 46 game season often 3 game a week schedule you need a squad with depth in numbers. I would like one really good central midfield acquisition and then that part of the team will be sorted. If you could add Marshall / Helan on the wings with JJ / Antonio we are looking competitive

Another centre half, left back cover and a couple of strikers job done

Don't panic guys, Bennett, Weaver and Pecnik gone, although not been in squad it's still 3 lots of wages saved. We had 5/6 loanees that's gone back (inc Holden) That's obviously 8/9 lots of wages, we don't need 8/9 new players so we could spread that over 5/6 new decent players, but I can see us goin for ***, Lita, Jezza, Pugh n big Stevie not leaving much room for any fresh new players unless he gets rid of Lines, Cogba, Semedo n maybe Madine. Time will tell

DJ has been known to go for the ***...

Neither Coke or Prutton let us down in the 2nd half of the season. The Championship with its 46 game season often 3 game a week schedule you need a squad with depth in numbers. I would like one really good central midfield acquisition and then that part of the team will be sorted. If you could add Marshall / Helan on the wings with JJ / Antonio we are looking competitive

Another centre half, left back cover and a couple of strikers job done

Sad thing for me is people all want cover at left back for Reda, and yet Mattock is on £560k pa plus bonuses!!

Apart from Buxton, they'll be squad players. Makes sense that your regulars this season get phased out. Hopefully we will get players in bugger and better to replace them, if not, its as you were from this season. Certainly not a step backwards. 

No that's insane.

Get rid of them all and lets sign 12 players again.

I wonder if some people have a compulsion for new signings. I'm not being entirely flippant here. Some people do exhibit signs of a kind of obsessive disorder or even addiction.

Personally if they all sign we then need -

Centre Half right sided and under 25 somebody good enough for now but who we can build a defence round(Batth/Cranie/Shackell)

Centre Midfield ball player(Wellens) 

LM Good delivery something diff to what we currently have(Marshall/Treacy/Reid)

Striker with pace(Wells/Campbell) 

Then also try to get Helan & Lita on season long loans

I'd be well happy with that and let Semedo/Lines & O'Grady leave  

With a squad of 

Kirkland/Bywater

Buxton/Lee

Taylor(Batth/Cranie/Shackell)

Llera/Gardner

Reda/Mattock

JJ/Antonio

Prutton/Coke/Corry

Palmer/Wellens/Mccabe

Helan(Marshall/Treacy/Reid)

Madine/Maguire/Lita(Wells/Campbell)

That squad would finish mid table with a outside chance of play offs which would be a good season imo

Edited by coopswfc76

you're right; this season was a gas - let's do it all over again with the same team..

I suppose we can just pretend that our form for the last six months wasn't actually all that good to feed our habit of woe and constant change. And as for the lousy first four months, half of those offered new deals hardly played a minute between them, and another spent a good deal of it on the bench.

As long as we bring in a few players of better quality I see the sense in retaining at least 5 out of the 6. The only question mark would be whether it's necessary to keep Prutton AND Coke, rather than just one of them.