We know how that feels!

Guest mrbluesky

Late goals at Wembley. In fact it looked similar to Chris Woods blunder!

flip all like it!!

Well done Wigan!

Guest TC OWL

Hope Wigan stay up. They always play proper footy whenever I have seen them . Very underrated.

Geordies down for me

I'll second that

Late goals at Wembley. In fact it looked similar to Chris Woods blunder!

Nothing like, had Woods remained standing it would have hit him in the chest. As it was he went to his knees and let it slip through his fingers reaching for it ....The most disgusting piece of keeping I ever saw. Hey but we all make mistakes.

We understand what it's like to go to a Wembley final to face a team who everyone thinks they've aleady won it. Man Utd had already romped home with the cup long before the ref blew for kickoff. We went to Wembley with a hope but never in our wildestest dreams did we think we'd pull it off. But we did, and what a fookin  good feeling that was. 

Good luck to Wigan, they deserve it., The die hard fans who could so easily have opted for Manure or Liverpool or money bags man city. They are the lucky ones like   me and the rest of the Wednesdayites know how good that felt in 1991.

Guest Distraught!

We understand what it's like to go to a Wembley final to face a team who everyone thinks they've aleady won it. Man Utd had already romped home with the cup long before the ref blew for kickoff. We went to Wembley with a hope but never in our wildestest dreams did we think we'd pull it off. But we did, and what a fookin  good feeling that was. 

Good luck to Wigan, they deserve it., The die hard fans who could so easily have opted for Manure or Liverpool or money bags man city. They are the lucky ones like   me and the rest of the Wednesdayites know how good that felt in 1991.

When we beat Man Utd. to win the league cup, they were certainly strong favourites but it was before the all conquering days that began a season or two later. In fact, to that point, Ferguson's record was far less than impressive. The FA Cup win the season before was the turning point. I went into that game fully expecting us to win which we duly did.

Guest Mr B

Has anyone else seen the video of the build up to 91? Atkinson brought in an American footballer for Harkes to throw a ball around with and they had Stan Boardman on the coach and in the hotel cracking jokes. Looking at how the team were relaxed and how Atkinson sorted them out, no wonder we won.

Good luck to Wigan. Man Citeh were absolute shiite because Wigan's game plan succeeded.

Citeh looked like 11 individuals. Wigan looked like a team.

I was over the moon for them when the header went in.

I hope they stay up too.

Also very happy for Dave Whelan. A proper chairman.