"Your grounds to big for you" - unless your Brighton - Help please

There's a simple explanation.

At the start of the season their ground held 22K, which they filled every match.

Then it increased to 26K around November time, which they filled every match.

Then right at the end of the season their stadium has been finished and now holds 30K, which they've filled.

Unless Newcastle or Sunderland get relegated then Brighton with their shiny new stadium are sure to top the attendance league again next season.

Edited by sheffsteel

There's a simple explanation.

At the start of the season their ground held 22K, which they filled every match.

Then it increased to 26K around November time, which they filled every week.

Then right at the end of the season their stadium has been finished and now holds 30K.

Unless Newcastle or Sunderland get relegated then Brighton are sure to top the attendance league again next season.

Are you the blade who infiltrated us? If so, how'd you enjoy last season? Looks to me like you suffered when Blackman was sold and not replaced, then Morgan didn't get the required spirit and fight instilled in the team. Look on the bright side though, you didn't have to spend any money on a failed trip to wembley. If only we had been relegated then you could have classed this as the perfect season.

If its not you then apologies, you've got a similar name to a sleeper cell we had that made no difference to our lives.

Yes- the capacity listed is wrong.  I was there when we played them and lost 3-0. 

They'd just slung another tier of seats under one roof - like we did in 1996 with our South stand.  They were also filling a couple of corners in.   Superb ground. Prob best new ground I've been to.  Will prob go next season unless they get promoted.

Or to sum up..Spent way beyond their means.I hope they stay in this league so we can smash them next season and watch another stupid club go into meltdown.

Well, we didn't smash them down there did we?  It was men against mice.  And what's stupid about Brighton?  A go ahead club on and off the field.  

Brighton and Hove has roughly half the population of Sheffield. But they have one club compared to our two, so no split support.   No reason why they couldn't manage in the Prem.  The Withdean days are long gone for them.

What is the point of the "percentage of capacity" table anyway? And why does it seem to be given priority on that site over the attendance rankings? It's idiotic to say that the likes of Blackpool and Bristol City were better supported than us last season. 

Guest on the band wagon

They have been increasing their capacity so it may be a result of previous capacities being beaten

A useful life tip.

Never read any statistics which don't fully list their references, or reference their source date.

Simples!

A useful life tip - many a Brighton fan has found one of those & sat on it this season even if it was already on a seat. Probably explains the statistics!

Keep increasing the capacity, But more to do with it is the Season ticket prices being rock bottom and inc public transport, Pay on the gate prices are thru the roof at the same time. so buy season tickets to go to a few games, Still cheeper than paying on the gate.

Season tickets are included in the attendance if you go or not

Yes- the capacity listed is wrong. I was there when we played them and lost 3-0.

They'd just slung another tier of seats under one roof - like we did in 1996 with our South stand. They were also filling a couple of corners in. Superb ground. Prob best new ground I've been to. Will prob go next season unless they get promoted.

Agree to a point, but deary me, the view of the pitch from the away end is absolutely appalling.

Guest spooookie1

it's because loads of brighton fans sit on each others knees

This.

And if we score we raise 8 inches without standing up.

No,it's just because the stadium capacity has increased during the season,and most of the empty seats are either,because they hadn't been given the H&S go-ahead at the time,or there were not enough in the away end.Although to be honest,out of the 22,000 season ticket holders,not all are turning up every week as well.It's 30,700,and that will be it,no room for expansion at all.

BTW whoever said "The new stadium syndrome will wear off" is probably right,I have seen a lot of fairweather fans down there,and you can just tell they are,trust me.And there are still large sections leaving early,even when we beat Blackpool 6-1....those are not what I call "True" fans.I would say our hardcore is around 16,000 really.

What I find funny is that they have the highest home attendance yet one of the lowest away attendances. Suggests they live off a lot of freebies and cheap tickets.

To be fair they have along way to travel for many of the games.

those figures are really encouraging for us with the FFP rules comming into effect and hopefully having a season at the other half of the table, more derbies etc etc....

also derbys stats were quite suprising, didnt realise they had such good crowds