The difference between Sheffield and Nottingham

There are many similarities between the two cities, but one huge difference when it come to football.

Having lived many years in each city, I've got a good feel for the football culture of each;

Nottingham has two clubs just as Sheffield - Forest is a big club which in truth should be in the premiership, it's well supported in the city and respected across the country. It conducts itself in the right manner. Wednesday is similarly a big and well respected club.

The difference comes in the cities' second clubs. County is a great little club with supporters who have great pride in their club. They accept the premiership is well out of reach as their fan base is modest and they'll never be able to compete with their neighbours. No chips on their shoulders, they get on with supporting their club, which has never let the city down.

What a bloody difference to the self pitying, envious shower who continue to embarass Sheffield. 

They should know their place and get on with life......................

Guest WEBOWL

Lived in both cities myself and agree County are an example blunts should follow instead of thinking they are number 1

Attendance on Friday v Yeovil was embarrassing

Guest Big Guns

The bigger club debate as been massacred the last two seasons

Not that it was ever in doubt

Always wondered about Nottingham and their rivalry.

Do Forest have a bigger rivalry with Derby C or Notts County? Do Notts County hate Derby or don't have the same feelings that Forest have? Does a rivalry exist between the two County's?

Edited by M Royds

Always wondered about Nottingham and their rivalry.

Do Forest have a bigger rivalry with Derby C or Notts County? Do Notts County hate Derby or don't have the same feelings that Forest have? Does a rivalry exist between the two County's?

My workmate is a Forest fan and reckons they don't really have much of a rivalry with County. Derby is the big one for sure.

Forest hate Derby and that's about it from what I can see.

Notts just get on with things, they're not too keen on Mansfield and they moan about Forest always getting bias refs, but otherwise are generally good guys.

Forest look on Couty as a cheeky little brother

All my in-laws are Forest fans and my impression is that they see County as their little brother, they tease them and pretend they hate them but really they look out for them and like to see them doing well. Whereas they hate Derby with a passion like we do United.

Read an interesting article just after the whole Sven era experiment ended saying that Forest fans had got a lot of stick from County fans and were feeling less brotherly towards them, anyone with Forest connections know how that's panned out down the line?

Guest WEBOWL

County just stumble along with their Wheelbarrow song

Forest and Derby is the grudge fixture