Am I right in thinking...

Can't believe we are in a situation like this.

How the feck did we let this happen?

We didn't sign Ben Marshall

Key signings in the summer haven't worked out

Jay Bothroyd - that's it - nuff said - just Jay Bothroyd

We stopped playing attacking football when we were getting hammered week in week out

Madine hasnt' been played and when he has we haven't got crosses into him from wide (but when we have he's scored em)

We lost Antonio

We lost JJ

We lost other key players along the way

Loads of reasons why we're here in this position

Owlstalk Shop

I honestly think that is our best chance, Barnsley and Peterborough are in form, Millwall bang out of form, i think they will lose midweek, and it will be them or us to go down

Weve been outsiders for a while, it seemed as if a lot would need to happen for us to go down.

But its my gut feeling that because we have no real attack at the moment we are going to go down. The team of last season would've fought like mad in the last 20 minutes rather than just looked for the man next to them to do something.

Huddersfield on 57 points play Barnsley, Huddersfields goal difference is worse than Barnsleys, so hopefully they do have something to play for.

Just been looking at that - by my reckoning if everyone up to and including Wednesday wins it'll be Wolves and Huddersfield to go down. Doubt it'll happen though.

As for Millwall Palace, don't palace need to win to guarantee a place in the play-offs?

We stopped playing attacking football when we were getting hammered week in week out

Madine hasnt' been played and when he has we haven't got crosses into him from wide (but when we have he's scored em)

We lost Antonio

We lost JJ

All correct and I think everyone took their eye off the ball after the Millwall game.

I wonder what Milan is thinking. He confidently stated, we will not go down. Of course he still may be proved right. For him to state that so emphatically must mean that he fees we have hugely underachieved. For what it's worth, I think he got it wrong, looking at our resources, no way could he say categorically that we wouldn't go down.

Weve been outsiders for a while, it seemed as if a lot would need to happen for us to go down.

But its my gut feeling that because we have no real attack at the moment we are going to go down. The team of last season would've fought like mad in the last 20 minutes rather than just looked for the man next to them to do something.

I have to agree, and now we have no Antonio or JJ the writing is on the wall, you just know that no matter how bad Boro have been and lost to every side near us to put us in this position that they will turn up on Saturday and put on a masterclass, it is nailed on, after seeing Dingles and PBoro today they have fight and have a chance.

Got to admit i am scared and not optimistic at all

One by one the teams around us have sorted themselves, Birmingham, Burnley, Blackpool, Blackburn even Huddersfield have more or less got there. Weve had what? 4/5 opportunities to finish this and weve failed to do so.

I used an analogy about a month ago that we are just trying to limp over the line, bit by bit. Weve just stumbled today with the fun runners catching up.

I have to agree, and now we have no Antonio or JJ the writing is on the wall, you just know that no matter how bad Boro have been and lost to every side near us to put us in this position that they will turn up on Saturday and put on a masterclass, it is nailed on, after seeing Dingles and PBoro today they have fight and have a chance.

Got to admit i am scared and not optimistic at all

There's a lad who supports Boro in my office. When they were losing to all and sundry around us I joked that this would happen. flipping hell.

I wonder what Milan is thinking. He confidently stated, we will not go down. Of course he still may be proved right. For him to state that so emphatically must mean that he fees we have hugely underachieved. For what it's worth, I think he got it wrong, looking at our resources, no way could he say categorically that we wouldn't go down.

Even teams with the best budget in the division such as Wolves haven't stayed up this year. I just think there has been an air of complacency over the last few weeks.

The best thing about these threads is that next week we'll be able to laugh at some of the drama queen nonsense being spouted on em 

lol

Its 50/50 if we stay up.

Nothing drama queen about it.

You've got to accept the possibility or you could be in for a shock.

I'm hopeful but its not guaranteed.

We're gonna be safe

Edited by Eightace

We lost Antonio

We lost JJ

So why the Fech, don't you want another manager?

One by one the teams around us have sorted themselves, Birmingham, Burnley, Blackpool, Blackburn even Huddersfield have more or less got there. Weve had what? 4/5 opportunities to finish this and weve failed to do so.

I used an analogy about a month ago that we are just trying to limp over the line, bit by bit. Weve just stumbled today with the fun runners catching up.

Exactly. Has to be us who do it the hard way.

You know you're in trouble when you rely on JJ in the run in. And we are all panicking because he's injured. Hope Middlesborough rest their key players and give some youngsters a run out, I just don't think we have the quality to beat them next week.

On my way back from Peterborough ont train and it was bad today but for f00ks sake stop panicking everybody we'll get the points we need next Saturday

I knew this season was going all the way to the bitter end but we'll get the points we need at Hillsborough so stop flapping like wet fannys.

Exactly. Has to be us who do it the hard way.

You know you're in trouble when you rely on JJ in the run in. And we are all panicking because he's injured. Hope Middlesborough rest their key players and give some youngsters a run out, I just don't think we have the quality to beat them next week.

I think Middlesborough will play their key men. Its been a sorry second half of the season for them too and they will want to end on a win.