New 2013/14 Kits out before School holidays

Guest intercity0wl

I was under the impression that the Strafford era-Puma deal was negotiated under the financial constraints the club operated under back then. As such, post takeover it wasn't financially the best for us.

As such we negotiated early release terminating at the end of this current season, after we changed both kits last summer to meet the terms.

However I believe the replacement for this deal was also negotiated with Puma, just with the parties on a more equal footing.

This isn't inside info just an impression built up from various public sources over the last year or so. Apologies if it is wrong. If I am right the old deal has ended - like many are saying, but the new kit will be Puma - like many others are saying.

This is my understanding of the situation.  Hopefully the shirt will be a classic like this seasons and not some Brighton/Huddersfield type shirt like we had last season.  

Oh and blue and white socks pleas....

Guest super mandaric

If not Puma, which manufactorer would you like?

For me I'd want Nike. Diadora made some nice kits for us, you could do worse. Maybe even Adidas would be good. Imagine an Owls shirt with three stripes on the sleeve.

Many I wouldn't want including Lotto, Macron, Le Coq Sportif, Under Armour, Warrior sports (although the MMA brand Warrior kick out some nice gear).

Umbro would be my top choice. Their tailored range just completely out do the rest, I'd lose to see a proper classic Wednesday shirt.

My worst would absolutely be Macron. We'd more than likely just be slapped on a poo generic template with their horrible looking logo plastered all over the shirt. No thanks.

Umbro would be my top choice. Their tailored range just completely out do the rest, I'd lose to see a proper classic Wednesday shirt.

My worst would absolutely be Macron. We'd more than likely just be slapped on a poo generic template with their horrible looking logo plastered all over the shirt. No thanks.

Nike have sold Unbro and they no longer make football kits.  Hence England, Man City etc now having Nike kits.  A shame really because I agree with your point about Umbro.

Nike would've been good, but we've got a new deal with Puma.

Joma are the kit manufacturer for Fiorentina and it is a quality shirt. I know it's a bit left-field, but some of the European brands aren't bad quality at all.

Naturally, Macron should be scoffed because of the L**ds/Pigs affiliation...

it would make sense with just a scooter then like the Blades once had  :biggrin:

anyone got a pic of their marketing campaign?

otherwise its too Mod that picture, really confused me what their message was

Edited by modboy

Joma are the kit manufacturer for Fiorentina and it is a quality shirt. I know it's a bit left-field, but some of the European brands aren't bad quality at all.

Naturally, Macron should be scoffed because of the L**ds/Pigs affiliation...

I'd tale joma. They make some quality less mainstream Footie boots

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

If not Puma, which manufactorer would you like?

For me I'd want Nike. Diadora made some nice kits for us, you could do worse. Maybe even Adidas would be good. Imagine an Owls shirt with three stripes on the sleeve.

Many I wouldn't want including Lotto, Macron, Le Coq Sportif, Under Armour, Warrior sports (although the MMA brand Warrior kick out some nice gear).

Aye, NIke would be a good choice for the future.

Puma have done a lot of poor kits for us, though I did like a lot the Paolo Di Canio era home top with the vintage badge between 1997-1999.

sheffield_wednesday_1997-1999.gif

Although, I hated the red Sanderson logo's of the 90's.

The Puma kits seem to be getting worse and worse, less imaginative and more lazier, each season.

Some of our Umbro and Bukta kits were class. I would imagine based on some of the other Nike kits, that they'd do a classy job for us? Nike would be my future preference.

Thinking along the lines of the Juventus home top, but in blue & white obviously and with the Juve away shirt's collar?

And the away one wouldn't be a bad away kit to have too.

juventus.jpg

Ideally I'd prefer something vintage looking or something simple but stylish, kind of like the Nike designs but keeping the black shorts, and having the socks simple like the 1991 ones. 

Edited by Sweet&TenderOwl

Don't care who makes the shirt as long as its a decent shirt.

There seems to ba a trend for making the collars mad in shirts at the moment, Man City kit, New Wolves kit and every single Macron kit being a case in point. Uruguay's New one has a faux lace-up collar which is plain embarrassing.

I'd like to see a left-field company doing it, its just a shame that more often than not its these companies that turn out proper grim shirts.

How about a blue and white Lacoste polo!? That'd actually be worth 30 quid!