New 2013/14 Kits out before School holidays

Guest intercity0wl

I hope this is true, every year I complain that they aren't out in time to wear on my holidays.

At least this year I'll be able to wear them on my holidays whilst complaining that they came out before I could get next season's membership so I don't get the points on my card.

It's always good to have something new to moan about.

next year is the last lot of kits with Puma before the deal expires. 

I thought the reason we changed the home kit for this season even though we'd only had the previous one for a single season was to get out of the deal a year early?

In addition, although we may be getting out of the old deal with Puma, I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere that we are changing manufacturer. We could just have a new deal with Puma that is better for us...?

Guest intercity0wl

next year is the last lot of kits with Puma before the deal expires. 

Was under the impression we had bought out of our deal with puma early, and this current season was the last one with them ??

Guest Markowl1

Was under the impression we had bought out of our deal with puma early, and this current season was the last one with them ??

That's what I read hence the reason we had both new kits last summer we had to have a certain number of kits with puma so brought it forward to end deal with them

If not Puma, which manufactorer would you like?

For me I'd want Nike. Diadora made some nice kits for us, you could do worse. Maybe even Adidas would be good. Imagine an Owls shirt with three stripes on the sleeve.

Many I wouldn't want including Lotto, Macron, Le Coq Sportif, Under Armour, Warrior sports (although the MMA brand Warrior kick out some nice gear).

I was under the impression that the Strafford era-Puma deal was negotiated under the financial constraints the club operated under back then. As such, post takeover it wasn't financially the best for us.

As such we negotiated early release terminating at the end of this current season, after we changed both kits last summer to meet the terms.

However I believe the replacement for this deal was also negotiated with Puma, just with the parties on a more equal footing.

This isn't inside info just an impression built up from various public sources over the last year or so. Apologies if it is wrong. If I am right the old deal has ended - like many are saying, but the new kit will be Puma - like many others are saying.