Defamation bill passed - Owlstalk celebrates this 'win' !

That legal action is the reason I started visiting OwlsTalk. I wanted to see what these 'vicious individuals' were writing about my club only to realise that there were no 'vicious individuals'.

I truly hope that this change is some comfort to all that suffered throughout those dark days.

That legal action is the reason I started visiting OwlsTalk. I wanted to see what these 'vicious individuals' were writing about my club only to realise that there were no 'vicious individuals'.

That's the thing

There are STILL people who think that Owlstalk is full of anti-swfc people, that Wednesdayite were the anti-christ, and that Dave and Kaven were doing a great job despite these fans trying to bring all the issues to the publics attention

Owlstalk Shop

(viii) The eighth posting was by a user called "Southy". He listed the main reasons for his regret at buying a new season ticket and the third reason was this: "increased ticket prices, where the flip (sic) has this money gone (ohh BTW I saw Dave Allen getting measured up for a new suit the other day, he specifically requested bigger pockets)".

This, Mr Eardley submitted, was a serious message conveyed in a light-hearted way. The ticket prices had increased and there was nothing to show for it, therefore the second Claimant had pocketed the proceeds. In his submission the words were capable of meaning that the directors had squandered the club's money and the second Claimant had pocketed it.

Still don't really like talking about this, I was about 15 at the time, was told the news by Neil, panicked, closed down my Owlstalk account altogether and had many a sleepless night worried about it all (I daren't tell my parents at the time, despite it being such big news).

I'll never forget listening to the interview Walker gave with (I think) Paul of radio Sheff, say what you like about the local press at the time not being damming enough but you could tell he was physically angry in the robotic, refer to the club statement, way Walker was answering him.

Nearly gave up on Wednesday altogether, genuinely just stopped caring that season in particular before I realised that OUR club was bigger and better than them. Glad to say my love for the Owls is stronger than ever, and in September I'll be bringing my first little Wednesdayite into the world.

Scary times for the club though I did quite like 'Southy' being quoted on the front page of The Star when it was mostly laughed out of court.

So as I never really got a chance to say it, thank you Neil and all concerned for defending me and everyone (despite my cowardly absence) and long live the current regime (whom I will never be able to critisise after what we've put up with).

As one of those named in that infamous document, I would like to thank once again those individuals who stood up to these small-minded, insecure despots on my behalf and were able to take care of things with little stress on my part. These include Mark Lewis and his team, Neil, Darryl Keys, Nigel Short and the Hobson brothers (sorry if I've missed anyone). Brian Laws deserves a pat on the back too for seeing these actions for what they were and refusing to be involved. 

It would have been absolutely fascinating if this had actually made it to a full hearing, but I was convinced from early on that was never going to happen because some ironically had much more to lose than if they'd stayed quiet in the first place.

As dark as those days were for our club in so many ways, and as bitter as I am that fellow fans were (and perhaps still are in some cases) taken in by those horrible individuals, I can now look back and laugh at how we collectively 'stuck it to the man' and I can now find myself on Google as some sort of revolutionary.

:biggrin:

v4.gif

Oh come on Neil, it's all well and good Owlstalk tinkering around with the national Libel Laws and piffling little things like that but when is Owlstalk going to sort out the trumping on the Kop!!!

The bad days are gone, the glory days are nearly here!

That's the thing

There are STILL people who think that Owlstalk is full of anti-swfc people, that Wednesdayite were the anti-christ, and that Dave and Kaven were doing a great job despite these fans trying to bring all the issues to the publics attention

It's terrible isn't it. I must admit that I was one of those that was duped back then. I now promote OwlsTalk.

Thinking back, still can't believe it happened.

Hope Messers Allen, Addy, Carson, Cooke, Grierson, Hulley and Walker are suitably embarrassed and ashamed of their legacy.

Sadly, I doubt they are.

As another of the posters targetted, I'll never forget what Neil, Darryl, the Hobsons, the Manchester Law firm, Nigel, and all the others did to stand up to the bullying. It was pretty dark at the time.

I'm pretty much the same, I fell for the rubbish about Wednesdayite at first. How wrong I was.

Although Eddie is quite vicious.

Guest Big Guns

I'm pretty much the same, I fell for the rubbish about Wednesdayite at first. How wrong I was.

Although Eddie is quite vicious.

Joking arnt ya have you seem how much they charge for pie n peas

Hilarious, but also amazin that it could get this far!!

(xiv) The final posting which concerns the Claimants was by a user called "cbr bob". His contributions followed a posting by the user known as Gamrie Owl, which referred to a trip abroad made by "the Chuckle Brothers" to watch players with a view to making a signing. I gather that the "Chuckle Brothers" was a reference, which would have been understood by users of the website, to the eighth Claimant, and to Mr Laws, the manager of the club, who was originally (but is no longer) the ninth Claimant. In response to that posting, "cbrbob" replied "they blew all the money on hookers". Another user then interjected "it's not a hooker we need, it's a striker", to which "cbrbob" responded "they wouldn't know the difference".

The Claimants are not, it appears, concerned about the suggestion that they spent the club's money on prostitutes, which I presume they accept might have been unlikely to be taken seriously, but with the suggestion that the eighth Claimant would not have known the difference between a hooker in rugby and a striker in football, which would have been understood to mean that the eighth Claimant, though he was the chief executive of the football club, would not have been capable of spotting a competent player.