Usual crowd and Steward problems in Blackpool ! When will the FSF do something about this ?

Guest Go For It Owl

I got to turnstiles about 5 to 8 and saw a few people stopped for being drunk.

I have to say in the couple of instance I saw the stewards were right, these people could not walk straight.

I don't see why this is of anybody's business. Had they caused an offence? If not then why should they be not allowed in having paid for their ticket? It's as good as theft.

We got in quite early - about quarter past 7 and it was a sea of high-vis jackets, i commented to my son that i'd never seen as many stewards/security at a football game in my life - also during the game there seemed to be a constant stream of stewards coming up the stand to confront someone.

It must cost Blackpool a fortune to have that many people stood around doing nothing.

They're not doing nothing by the sounds of things. It sounds like they're winding the fan up in order to find a reason to chuck someone out.

They were fine when I went several years ago, but since then there's been non stop complaints every time we play there.

Guest BaRmY OwLs

Dont have any probs with the stewards here and never have had . In fact spent half hour before the game chatting with steward and B'pool supporter , good banter .I was told the ' new ' stand we were in is also a temp structure , just as well 'cos the pillars certainly interfere with the view . Also told the pitch , which was awful and just like Concord Park on a bad day , had apparently been affected by some plant disease which destroyed the grass roots . I thought this had a far worse effect on the ' matchday experience ' than a few stewards trying to do their job .

Tempory structure my arse, it will be there in 10 years time Oysten will not spend money if he dun't need to. The other tempory stand was up for years.

Bumped into a mate of mine in Wetherspoons, he was with some of his mates. We moved on, when I saw them walking into the ground, my mate wasn't with them - He'd been told by a steward to go and order a burger and coffee from the burger van across the road to sober him up!! He'd had 5 pints and is well qualified to drink more (in the belly stakes!!).

When he got to the burger van, there was already 2 other Wednesday fans who'd been told to do the same!! The woman in the burger van knew the score as she put some cold water in with the boiling water so he could drink it faster!! The woman said its disgusting the way fans are treated at Blackpool, but great for her business!!

Over the top and complete disregard for people's civil rights. How much more of this should we have to put up with?? The club should send someone as a fan, with the fans to witness first hand how it is

Ground regs state you cant be drunk going into the ground. Its not a public place and entry is only on the condition that you comply with the regulations.

I dont for one minute think that the stewards stopped people who werent drunk going in.

Simple way round it - dont get so drunk you canr walk a straight line.

I know the footballs been largely poo poo this season, but surely you shouldnt need to get wasted to watch the game!

Seemingly must be some research conducted by Blackpool stewards, that or one of the stewards owns the burger van!!

The point is, there were people steaming drunk inside the ground having been in Blackpool all day, yet people who'd just had a few beers having gone late afternoon from work were getting stopped - There was no logic behind it!!

One lad had travelled over with his dad, and had 2 cans in the car (confirmed by his dad) and yet was refused entry!,

Guest AbbeyOwl

Bumped into a mate of mine in Wetherspoons, he was with some of his mates. We moved on, when I saw them walking into the ground, my mate wasn't with them - He'd been told by a steward to go and order a burger and coffee from the burger van across the road to sober him up!! He'd had 5 pints and is well qualified to drink more (in the belly stakes!!).

When he got to the burger van, there was already 2 other Wednesday fans who'd been told to do the same!! The woman in the burger van knew the score as she put some cold water in with the boiling water so he could drink it faster!! The woman said its disgusting the way fans are treated at Blackpool, but great for her business!!

Over the top and complete disregard for people's civil rights. How much more of this should we have to put up with?? The club should send someone as a fan, with the fans to witness first hand how it is

I usually have a couple of lines of Charlie before going in works a treat (joke) lol

Does a burger and coffee actually sober you up then? As in scientific proof?

Bouncers do it all the time at nightclubs at Blackpool. "He's too pissed, take him to a kebab shop, but him some chips and a bottle of water and come back. We will re-assess him then"

We usually just go elsewhere.

Went with 5 lads last season & 2 didn't get in coz were too p1ssed. All tho was funny seeing their stewards on a MASSIVE power trip get their smacked at half time ha ha tw@s

R8 laugh for me standing outside the ground for the entire game.

Guest christheowl

I actaully believe the stewards just dont like our fans. Every year its the same thing, the best thing you can do is complain to Blackpool FC

Guest PointlessOwl

Dont have any probs with the stewards here and never have had . In fact spent half hour before the game chatting with steward and B'pool supporter , good banter .I was told the ' new ' stand we were in is also a temp structure , just as well 'cos the pillars certainly interfere with the view . Also told the pitch , which was awful and just like Concord Park on a bad day , had apparently been affected by some plant disease which destroyed the grass roots . I thought this had a far worse effect on the ' matchday experience ' than a few stewards trying to do their job .

Now how much better does this look with the shitty italics?

Guest intercity0wl

Loads stopped from entering the ground because they're supposedly drunk !!!

Tango told to put his shirt back on !!!

Wheel chair using Wednesday fan alledgedly attacked outside ground !!!

Must say this is a 2nd hand account as I'm not there but reliable source.

Come on Wednesday beat the B@5T@RDS

It was exactly the same as last season, although this season they decided to not let some people  in, rarther than let em in and then throw em out,  although as we know their official ban (by Letter) from Bloomfield Road of certain Owls fans didn't work, did it :biggrin:

Didn,t see the alleged assault on said disabled supprter, but did see the bruising which was severe,a Strange place full of strange People but still enjoyed the few days away.