Should Jj Get A New Contract?

Guest Reneowlsup

Guest Big Guns

What does JJ do pre christmas, any season for us. Pick a season, from first to last and tell me what he has done?

He only achieves end of season

He started the season well then got dropped for bothroyd

Now he's back in the side and let's be honest keeping us up

Guest Sheff Owl

The thing is with JJ he is certainly unique and i don't think there is anyone like him around, even at his age you would rather have him with you than against you.

I can't see him being on a huge wage and while i don't think he will be a regular starter, he is a decent back up to bring on if and when needed (if he is happy with that).

People do need to get away from the relying on JJ, with need other options and hopefully all this will be addressed in the summer.

But overall keeping JJ for another year ain't really gonna do much harm.

Yes, easily deserves another year.

He is still one of few players who scare the poo out of the opposition and the game changed yesterday when he went off because we no longer had an outlet to attack Leeds and we didn't get out of our half enough.

He started the season well then got dropped for bothroyd

Now he's back in the side and let's be honest keeping us up

Me and you obviously disagree on an awful lot, that's a given.

But seriously, bare in mind I actually love JJ as a player, would you not yourself prefer to invest in the future?

JJ is not a kid anymore and doesn't have a 3 year future at this club.

I'd like to ask though from those in the know - is he a character around the club, the kind of person who would be missed regardless of if he is playing?  

How much would it cost to replace him?

He will ultimately need replacing soon though, regardless.

Depreciation hits every industry.

Guest Reneowlsup

Me and you obviously disagree on an awful lot, that's a given.

But seriously, bare in mind I actually love JJ as a player, would you not yourself prefer to invest in the future?

JJ is not a kid anymore and doesn't have a 3 year future at this club.

I'd like to ask though from those in the know - is he a character around the club, the kind of person who would be missed regardless of if he is playing?  

He will ultimately need replacing soon though, regardless.

Depreciation hits every industry.

You'd think that anyone that has been at the club for as long as he has must be. Plus he doesn't seem like the shy type, the way he goes off on Twitter so I'd guess he's a big personality. 

Guest thetruthisoutthere

Yes he should get a new contract, year by year while ever he has got it, and he HAS still got it

Its a difficult one for me but with a heavy heart I would say I would not give him a contract.

Too injury prone. Would not give a new contract to anyone who is unikely to be fit for more then 25 games next season.

Although on that basis we would probably not have signed Kirkland and Gardener.

Its a difficult one for me but with a heavy heart I would say I would not give him a contract.

Too injury prone. Would not give a new contract to anyone who is unikely to be fit for more then 25 games next season.

Although on that basis we would probably not have signed Kirkland and Gardener.

Thanks for the lesson in logical reasoned argument................. gary megson

He's always like this when his contract is up. We all know he's inconsistent.

I wouldn't mind if he was given an extra year given his age but in reality, we need to look for quality. We need to progress & need players who can perform week in week out.

based on his recent performances i would sign him up on a 1 year contract extension

however, based on his injury record over the past 2 seasons, and the number of games he has missed for us, or gone missing while playing - i would give him either a pay as you play deal, or a month by month contract

the JJ we have been seeing lately, has been a player that has been playing for something - in this sense, a contract extension - so if we dangle the carrot in front of him, we know JJ bites and produces the goods! thats what i would do to keep him going!