Should Jj Get A New Contract?

Guest Reneowlsup

Absolutely.

We shouldn't be relying on him EVERY game, like we are now, but if managed correctly to keep him fit and always available he is one of the most devastating impact players in the division.

His best position certainly appears to be playing as a second striker "in the hole".

His consistency and temperament has improved this season as well.

All these people saying "yes, without a doubt"

Would you prefer a player who is brilliant, beyond belief almost for a game, but pi-ss-poor for two games or someone who offers a similar amount every single game?   Let's not kid ourself, we can't hope to get another Waddle in the short to mid term, so we have to cut our cloth accordingly.

I'm wary of JJ's age, the fact he only seems to come good at the end of each season (or contract) and that, we've been dying out for a hero, someone with a bit of flair - and for the last 5 or 6 seasons (how long has it been?) he's been the only ONLY real flair, until we saw Ben10 and Antonio.

I am afraid, as I said - some kind of bonus structure for me, or try to invest in some up and coming excitement and but budget elsewhere.  We  just then have to hope that elsewhere isn't another Pecnik, that's all.

Edited by salmonbones

Speaking with my heart: this guy is our longest serving player, plays with his heart (even if it does see him pick up needless bookings), is passionate about the club, has a connection with the fans and bleeds blue and white.

Speaking with my head: he's a class act and scares the living sh!t out of most defences. We missed his threat yesterday when he came off.

In summary, of course he should get a new contract.

Guest LeamingtonOwl

All these people saying "yes, without a doubt"

Would you prefer a player who is brilliant, beyond belief almost for a game, but pi-ss-poor for two games or someone who offers a similar amount every single game?   Let's not kid ourself, we can't hope to get another Waddle in the short to mid term, so we have to cut our cloth accordingly.

I'm wary of JJ's age, the fact he only seems to come good at the end of each season (or contract) and that, we've been dying out for a hero, someone with a bit of flair - and for the last 5 or 6 seasons (how long has it been?) he's been the only ONLY real flair, until we saw Ben10 and Antonio.

I am afraid, as I said - some kind of bonus structure for me, or try to invest in some up and coming excitement and but budget elsewhere.  We  just then have to hope that elsewhere isn't another Pecnik, that's all.

must be a pig

must be a pig

of course, silly me.

I hope JJ fires on all cylinders until the end of the season. 

However, if he gets another season at S6, he won't do jack until the latter part of next season again.   

We would be far better investing time, money and effort on an up and coming prospect.   If saying that makes me a pig, then you my friend are a moron.

Edited by salmonbones