I Love This Club

I've been an Owls fan my whole life.  I was a mascot for the game in 1997 when we won 5-0 against Bolton, and again when we lost to Preston in our first season in the Championship. I went from seeing us beat Manchester United to struggling against Yeovil in the 3rd tier. I'm probably younger than a lot of you (22) but I've always stuck by our club and I always will. 

For years and years everything has just been so negative about us, now it feels positive. We have loanees coming here who you can tell absolutely love it here and are thrilled to play in front of a MASSIVE crowd. Olofinjana has said he wants to stay, Lita wouldn't shut up about us on Twitter, I understand Helan chose us over Watford and Holden has said some very good things too. I couldn't help but think at the Barnsley game how this is the biggest home crowd Holden will have ever played in front of. A relegation battle in the second tier. You can't help but think how great it is having loan players coming to our club and discovering how MASSIVE we are. I hope they tell all their friends.

All that just makes me hate Bothroyd a little bit more. Remember when he signed, "it's only until January" etc, he clearly didn't want to be here and he showed us no respect. How refreshing it is to have players who want to be here and are committed. I wish DJ would say something about this publicly, if not I really hope he has in private. 

Onwards and upwards. Ta for a great site Neil and well done with the exclusive yesterday  :danny-wilson:

UTO WTID 

Edited by Carbone

Guest Sniper1

Sorry for feeling passion and love towards my club, if that's gay to you then I'll happily be it. 

That is not what i was getting at, im a happily married man.

Guest Sniper1

im a north stand hooly and wear stone island ill have you know Neil.

Me too and i knocked out 4 Millwall fans on Tuesday neet.

Guest OwlertonG

I couldn't help but think at the Barnsley game how this is the biggest home crowd Holden will have ever played in front of. A relegation battle in the second tier.

All thinks point towards MASSIVE

Can't understand this hatred of the South Stand. many of us go there to get away from the 'crazy' brigade so we can watch a football match in comfort. It does NOT mean we sit there with our arms crossed, hate the club, and can only make negative comments.  

I have followed Wednesday since NINETEEN FOURTY SIX, a mere 68 years  I have seen more ups and downs than many of you. I have seen the good times when we were one of the first teams to play European opposition, when we were challenging for the Premiership, and the FA Cup. I've also seen the bad times, and groaned at the way the team played, the way the club was run and many other things. I even had to complain about people in front of me jumping up and down BEFORE Lita took the penalty on Sat. Believe me, things do get passionate in the South. You may not see it, or hear it . This is mainly due to the roof holding the sound back. Yes. We do criticise the team, the Manager, the state of the pitch, the Referee and many other things, just as many of the Kop spectators do. But, please don't tell a life-long supporter who travells from Buxton through the Peak District to watch every home game, that he hates the club. If the team is playing badly, I will say so,. Equally I am fulsome in my praise if things go right.

Rant over.   

Can't understand this hatred of the South Stand. many of us go there to get away from the 'crazy' brigade so we can watch a football match in comfort. It does NOT mean we sit there with our arms crossed, hate the club, and can only make negative comments.  

I have followed Wednesday since NINETEEN FOURTY SIX, a mere 68 years  I have seen more ups and downs than many of you. I have seen the good times when we were one of the first teams to play European opposition, when we were challenging for the Premiership, and the FA Cup. I've also seen the bad times, and groaned at the way the team played, the way the club was run and many other things. I even had to complain about people in front of me jumping up and down BEFORE Lita took the penalty on Sat. Believe me, things do get passionate in the South. You may not see it, or hear it . This is mainly due to the roof holding the sound back. Yes. We do criticise the team, the Manager, the state of the pitch, the Referee and many other things, just as many of the Kop spectators do. But, please don't tell a life-long supporter who travells from Buxton through the Peak District to watch every home game, that he hates the club. If the team is playing badly, I will say so,. Equally I am fulsome in my praise if things go right.

Rant over.   

Nobody ever said you hated the club Grandad  :milan:

Edited by Carbone

Rant over.   

" I even had to complain about people in front of me jumping up and down BEFORE Lita took the penalty on Sat. Believe me, things do get passionate in the South".

I know your an older fan,but how can anyone sit down when a penalty' s being taken?

Bothroyd never wanted to be here I reckon. He got alot of over the top abuse but **** him. Cried on Twitter when he got a bit of stick and put some really gutless performances in on the pitch. He then has the cheek to slag the fans of in an interview.

Don't need players like him here anymore, give me Steve Howard every day of week. May not be as talented but will give his all and APPRECIATES being here.