Who Cares About Little Sheffield United

Guest LeamingtonOwl

Iv'e had piggy snortbags in my face for 40 years now and no matter how large or how small our failure is the tramps are always their rubbing it in, so in short i take these opportunities and flog em for all they're worth and some, it makes me no less of a Wednesday supporter because i laugh louder than you at their demise!

Is that aimed at me?...just asking before I reply if it is.

Who cares exactly there in a different league I know there in the playoffs couldn't tell you where and what points there on some people on here obsessed with em. One love that's WEDNESDAY!!!!

Ffs another one, this is board for banter, if you don't like the look of a a thread title i.e "i hate the pigs" don't read it, there are a squillion other threads that will probably suit you!

It's not so much the laughing at Yooooonited being rubbish for me

But more the laughing at my blades mates who have been giving me sh!t for years about how much better than us they are.

Watching them suffer is payback and I'm loving it.

Guest intercity0wl

RS and Walker going OTT with the Agent Wison Mission accomplished story this morning, Bacon sarnies with a big grin on mi face.

Who cares exactly there in a different league I know there in the playoffs couldn't tell you where and what points there on some people on here obsessed with em. One love that's WEDNESDAY!!!!

Spot on!

If we're playing them then the hatred and the banter is there, if not then I don't care at all. As long as we win and are doing well that's all that matters to me.

You know they could win the play offs right? I mean, I wouldn't back it myself, but they could. We could also go down still...neither is as likely as it was about a month back I grant you, however, we could have CyoUNextTuesday written all over us if we ain't careful.

Once their fate in L1 is sealed and we are confirmed safe - I will of course mock the cr4p out of them and their tin pot club.

I'm absolutely loving watching the little oinkers slowly sink deeper into the poop.

For the last decade or so they've had the pleasure of watching us fall from grace and they've revelled in it, so for now it's pay back time let's just enjoy it while lasts, and long may it last

I don't want them to disappear altogether (as funny as it would be) cause as other posters have said, there's to much to laugh at at the minute.

After much deliberation I don't really agree with my original post now either. Annoying when that happens!

Holy christ

lol

Neil, can you ban the OP, he's a proper plum.

Cheers

The silent Majority.

Ha ha ha ha !!!

Its a democracy - i must bow to the peoples wishes

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Great thread. OP, you seem to be having a road to Damascus moment which is always a pleasure to see on owlstalk.

This is how I see it. When I was younger we were flying high and they were languishing in the lowest league. They were obsessed with us. Every little pig had a transistor radio glued to his ear at their game so they'd know how we were doing. Tandy was kept in business nationally on the Sheffield shops profits alone I reckon. Then there was a shift. We fell and they rose, just as football always seems to do. It's cyclical you see, and in a 2 club city those cycles stand out so much more.

After a few years of thinking it was a blip they hit the top league. I started to see where the obsession came from. I enjoyed watching them getting beat. It was funny when they failed to stay up. But their failure never once made up for our failures. Their success never took the shine off our success. But their failure added to my happiness when we had won.

Even today, to them, our failures are their greatest successes. Talking to one the other day who said that the only saving grace after they'd been beat was that we had too. That made it ok. I cannot get my head round that and told him so. He didnt have an answer really, just changed the subject.

We are a 2 club city. There are only 8 cities in England who can claim proper derbies. There is nothing like derby day. I would never want to lose that. I would chuck a few quid in a bucket to save it. That's the difference between us I reckon.

The fans that live in Sheffield have to live with them gloating when we lose but get to lord it when we win. Those outside miss this and maybe that's why people say we shouldn't care. I care. I hate them and want them to lose every game, but its not even close to how much I want us to win every game.

Guest BirdonaMaguire

As i said to a Blade mate last night

For the 11 years you had to smash us in the ground whilst we were at our lowest ebb what did you actually achieve? a season in the PL that is it, for all the "dominance" you acheived 3/5ths of f**k all, I'm 32 and i've seen my team bounce back from relegation to win promotion and a domestic cup, finish 3rd best in the country and play some breathtaking football.

From 2000 to 2011 they had an opportunity to establish themselves as the top club in Sheffield, they had a lot going for them where as we had nothing but our fanbase, we stuck with it, we battled hard, we had some shockers and we had some great days like Cardiff 2005, they had the odd season of getting better gates than us, on the back of the PL season and still they languish below us.

We're the oldest professional club in this city, this county, we're the most successful and by god do we love having a proper rivalry.

A healthy hatred for your scrubber neighbours can sometimes keep the love for your own club alive. I remember many dark days after yet another Wednesday defeat having to face filthy, dirty flipping pigs at work gloating about Premier League Football, Hotels, buying our players, Chengdu Blunts etc. etc. my hatred of these tramps, their club and a refusal to bow down to them kept me going back to S6 every week for what I knew would be more punishment. Sometimes blind faith is not enough. They serve a purpose, bit like manure does.