Summer Signings

Guest Sniper1

If we can sign a few more Kirklands and Gardners rather than Pecnik's and Amado's on free's then great.

The main thing is free or not they need to know this division.

Probably why Ecc created this thread.

Guest Sniper1

Once again, James Wallace from Tranmere would be my top choice, although he spent half of season out injured. Top player, and influental leader on the pitch.

It makes me wonder why he ended up at Tranmere if he's that good that you want to sign him from League One despite missing half a season through injury.

Or is it because you have a thing for young scottish men.

Dave Jones said in the last fans forum that next season he expected fans to start to see the best of Rhys McCabe and Paul Corry, really looking forward to seeing how they develope as the season progresses and if the manager's right, then it'll be like having a couple of cracking new signings.

Guest Foxhill Owl

no, just not very prolific. Lita to Keogh would be a step down, in my opinion.

I suppose , prolific strikers cost slot of money - I would like us to pick up some gems for a chsnge

It makes me wonder why he ended up at Tranmere if he's that good that you want to sign him from League One despite missing half a season through injury.

Or is it because you have a thing for young scottish men.

He wanted to play, and turned down new contract with Everton (just like Jose Buxter did). As soon as he signed with Tranmere he was made their captain, and they were runaway League One leaders untill he did his knee.

One of those precious few who makes those around him better.

Btw. Not Scotish, and played for England U-20's.

Would be happy to get him for Palmer + 400-500k

Edited by malek

Although a lot of that list is pie in the sky there will be a chance of getting a couple of quality players. Maybe take a risk on someone who has had injury problems (eg Kirkland).

I agree with Malek about James Wallace. Huge talent who was driving Tranmere into the championship. A couple of Tranmere fans I've spoken to blame their bad run on not being able to replace him - as a footballer and a leader.

Above all I want the players we sign to be compatible with those we have and those we might bring in. Too many times we bring in players who either don't fit in or end up doing a similar job to those that are here. It seems not enough thought goes into how all the pieces will fit together

Just been looking at players in the championship who's contracts expire in the summer and there are a hell of a lot that could improve our squad

Chris Burke

Jonathan Spector

Ebanks-Blake

Jay Simpson

Nicky Bailey

Martyn Waghorn

Marcos Alonso

Chris Cohen

Liam Bridcutt

Marvin Elliot

Liam Rosenior 

Adam El-Abd

Mathew Gilks

Lee Grant

Chris McCann

Lewis McGugan

David Edwards

Lewis Dunk

Sean Murray

Chris Solly

Tom Cairney

Will Hoskins

Johnnie Jackson

Jake Buxton

Emmanuel Ledesma

John Brayford

A few may have already agreed new deals or are going to be offered new ones (which is why I didn't put Danny Batth)

But it just goes to show that this summer could be a great chance to get a few bargains

Also very many U21 Premier League players that are out of contract

Yes I'm very bored.. 

The ones in bold would improve our squad.

All depends on wages really...I'm sure McGugan & Burke will be on a decent wage!

And I'm positive that Chris Cohen recently extended his deal with Forest

Be interesting to see how development squad have developed B4 we offload a few others

There will be activity in S6 for sure in the summer
Not gonna name names - t'wearly and all that but get ont fone to Charlton for Jackson and push boat out for Rhodes at

Sackburn - be good to have a family affair son & dad Rhodes

We are going to be busy, very busy after season finishes - lets hope we have learned from wholesale changes

of 12 months ago tho!