Spoke To Some Blackburn Rovers Fans Today...

A large number of them were being racist on the tram on the way to the ground. I'm sure they're not all like that but most of the ones I came across today were absolute arseholes.

I've no dislike for Blackburn as a club, and I definitely sympathise with their situation, but they have punched way above their weight for a long time. They're a small club (even by Championship standards) from a small town in Lancashire. Was bound to happen eventually.

A large number of them were being racist on the tram on the way to the ground. I'm sure they're not all like that but most of the ones I came across today were absolute arseholes.

I've no dislike for Blackburn as a club, and I definitely sympathise with their situation, but they have punched way above their weight for a long time. They're a small club (even by Championship standards) from a small town in Lancashire. Was bound to happen eventually.

How racist?

Guest Bri The owl

Hope they go down,hate the rumblezoids! Had great pleasure running across the road in Malta in the 90s,to break the news to a fan they had just sold shearer! The look on his face will stay with me forever!!!!

Where was they when he took over?

If by this you mean the Blackburn fans were still venting their fury at a man who got them relegated last season but were making strides at returning them for me makes more of a case for them being clueless idiots, if only we did that with Big Ron lol.

Guest GreenGoose

One of my mates is a Blackburn fan and he is convinced that they are down.

He says all the fight has gone apart from Dunn, Dann, and Hanley.

Isn't it obvious?

Mass cringeworthy protesting against a man who had them in the top three? IMO they drove him out and now they are going nowhere.

He inherited a good to average premier side with loads of time to maintain their position. He took them down. The team got worse and worse and worse.

You, my friend, are just falling for that media spin and nonsense about how bad their fans are and how unjust Kean was treat. The only difference being was that Kean was being payed a shíte load to watch crap football whereas the fans had to pay themselves.

Guest Big Guns

Hope they go down,hate the or more people born out of wedlock! Had great pleasure running across the road in Malta in the 90s,to break the news to a fan they had just sold shearer! The look on his face will stay with me forever!!!!

lol

If they hadn't sacked Allardyce, I'm pretty confident they would still be in the bottom half of the Premier League, but safe from relegation. 

Sacking Allardyce and employing Keane were horrifically bad decisions.

Dont feel sorry for them one bit, never known a set of more arrogant jumped up fans than they were, when Mr Walker bought them the league title. Personally I hope they go down and end up where they belong.

This.

I hope they go down, their players were a disgrace today, cheating, diving, trying to get fellow professionals booked and sent off. Sadly the ref fell for it time and time again. And their support was (and is, at home) pathetic.

They won that Premier League title through a lot of hard work and team building. It wasn't a one season takeover and splash the cash raid. Some people are deluded if they think Blackburn bought the title. 

Maybe I am deluded but when they started throwing money around like confetti buying some of the best talent then to me thats buying the title.

Edited by Ronnie Starling

He inherited a good to average premier side with loads of time to maintain their position. He took them down. The team got worse and worse and worse.

You, my friend, are just falling for that media spin and nonsense about how bad their fans are and how unjust Kean was treat. The only difference being was that Kean was being payed a shíte load to watch crap football whereas the fans had to pay themselves.

No I'm not, I just saw how bad their fans were when the chips were down last season when the team needed them the most all they did were creat a totally poisonous atmosphere, do you honestly think they helped the situation last season? 

At least this season Kean seemingly were keeping them in the top 6, I don't need to fall for any media spin to see that, but maybe you have inside info?

Whilst I have simpathy with their fans, if the result had gone the other way today then we would be in the bobbar big style.  Let's not forget, it was the likes of Blackburn with their couple of thousand fans who had the league title bought for them, which no doubt has lead to where we are now - clubs in crap order financially with players on hype-inflated wages.  I say stuff em - CCC fan base at best. Maybe a term in L1 would sort them out.

Edited by airborne_rat_of_s6

Colin Hendry?

It was. His wife died too, I believe not that long ago

Bigger than Wigan, though, in football terms

Horrifically shan banter about Charlie Austin and "Pakis".

Anti-East Indian sentiment goes back to the immediate post-war years in Lancashire. Having the Venky's as owners is a supreme irony in this context