Spoke To Some Blackburn Rovers Fans Today...

Guest Sheff Owl

I honestly don't think Blackburn would be in this position if they had stuck with Kean.

I know Kean wasn't a great manager but at least he was getting the odd result.

The fans gave him abuse home and away and sometimes the grass ain't greener and all that.

They were a league 2/3 team until Jack Walker threw money their way so really they're only going back to where they and their fan base belong.

They did it at a time when throwing a 'reasonable' amount of money could gaurantee the title, I bet a lot of clubs wish they had done the same.

You would now need a transfer budget of at least £250,000,000 and a wage budget accomodating players in excess of £100,000 per week.

They did it right at the right time, fair play to them.

Guest We Shall Overcome

Dont feel sorry for them one bit, never known a set of more arrogant jumped up fans than they were, when Mr Walker bought them the league title. Personally I hope they go down and end up where they belong.

Well Said!!

Guest WESTENDOWL

Mr Walker made his money in our fair city but didn't want to upset his workers who supported both teams so he decided to invest his millions in his home town club

Dont feel sorry for them one bit, never known a set of more arrogant jumped up fans than they were, when Mr Walker bought them the league title. Personally I hope they go down and end up where they belong.

Edited by WESTENDOWL

To be fair they never wanted Big Sam sacked and Kean did take them down

It wasn't the sacking of Kean that has got them in trouble, it was the 2 terrible appointments after, Berg was just a thinley veiled attempt to get the fans on side

The only reason I feel slightly sorry for them though is that the owners have turned them into a complete laughing stock, I swear that Shebby bloke is on a wind up

Edited by dobbo

Not all of em..

Some might say that since Jack Walker payrolled the purchase of players they couldn't afford, they as a fanbase did become very arrogant with a holier than though attitude.

Indeed, when one of their "greats" became bancrupt recently - the scottish international central defender - I forget his name, I t looked back and thought it was pretty much the attitude with everyone that was associated with the club - overspend, take the feel good factor, and assume that you DESERVE it.

Edited by salmonbones

I do hate it when fans have a go at other fans for caring for their club. Blackburn are one of those traditional clubs that should be supported in  their quest for survival. I would much rather the clubs that employ PR, marketing, and corperate themselves hit the skids because they are the ones that are really damaging football and not clubs like BR.

Anybody remember when some fans had the bravery to stand up to Allen and Co (something I did not have the bottle to do) and the vilification they had to endure? Heros the lot of them.

Edited by M Royds

Some of our fans have been yelling for Dave Jones to be fired this season...

I think they should look at Blackburn's plight before doing that again...

Questioning the ability of a manager is quite different from actively calling for him to be sacked.

Blackburn fans put there head on the line with their call for Kean to go, which is why they are a little more humble three managers later.