Spoke To Some Blackburn Rovers Fans Today...

Also goes to show that the most important consideration we will face as a club is who Milan sells us to.

That will ultimately determine if he deserves legendary status.

I sincerely hope he gets it right and leaves us in a safe pair of hands - clubs like Portsmouth, Coventry and Blackburn highlight the concern.

They're not some Johnny  (walker) come lately side, Blackburn Rovers, Wednesday fans are rightly proud of their history, no doubt Blackburn Rovers fans are too, think theyve got summatt like 5 F.A cups...not to be sneezed at that, for a Lancashire mill town.

Walker bankrolled them, no doubt, but he was a Blackburn Rovers fan, not some sheik or Russian billionaire.

Keane was a glove puppet for folk who had no interest in football bar the reflected glory of owning a team in the Prem, thats gone, will they have the interest in owning a club as it rattles down the toilet?...well I dunno.

Wednesday fans have been there, and although if its us or them, its got to be them, I do have sympathy with the fans, they are helpless, sure they went along with the dream, but fans get dragged into that, Wednesday fans didn't want a fookin' "look at the books" til everything started goin' t*ts up.

Sheffield Wednesday versus Blackburn Rovers..thats a classic that is...it rolls back years an' years, Mellors diving header ..years before Walker took over..though no doubt he was there holding his head in his hands..Wednesday fans pouring onto the streets of Blackburn in their thousands celebrating, theres history between the clubs

Traditional old club Blackburn Rovers, and I would hate to see them go to the wall, because it takes something away from all of us when that happens, I know its dog eat dog at the minute, but their history is our history and vice versa, and in the cold light of day, with whats happening to football, with yer Man Citys , Chelseas, its all some of us have got, cos it will be a long time before Sheffield Wednesday Football club versus Blackburn Rover Football club, will be seen as owt bar a spat between grumpy old men...and thats fookin' sad

Edited by asteener1867

Sheffield Wednesday versus Blackburn Rovers..thats a classic that is...it rolls back years an' years

Apparently Blackburn were the first ever away team at Olive Grove, back in roman times. Weve also both had the legendary Jay Bothroyd Paul Warhurst.

Shamelessly nicked from their site: http://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php/page/articles.html/_/match-previews/sheffield-wednesday-review-r714

They're not some Johnny  (walker) come lately side, Blackburn Rovers, Wednesday fans are rightly proud of their history, no doubt Blackburn Rovers fans are too, think theyve got summatt like 5 F.A cups...not to be sneezed at that, for a Lancashire mill town.

Walker bankrolled them, no doubt, but he was a Blackburn Rovers fan, not some sheik or Russian billionaire.

Keane was a glove puppet for folk who had no interest in football bar the reflected glory of owning a team in the Prem, thats gone, will they have the interest in owning a club as it rattles down the toilet?...well I dunno.

Wednesday fans have been there, and although if its us or them, its got to be them, I do have sympathy with the fans, they are helpless, sure they went along with the dream, but fans get dragged into that, Wednesday fans didn't want a fookin' "look at the books" til everything started goin' t*ts up.

Sheffield Wednesday versus Blackburn Rovers..thats a classic that is...it rolls back years an' years, Mellors diving header ..years before Walker took over..though no doubt he was there holding his head in his hands..Wednesday fans pouring onto the streets of Blackburn in their thousands celebrating, theres history between the clubs

Traditional old club Blackburn Rovers, and I would hate to see them go to the wall, because it takes something away from all of us when that happens, I know its dog eat dog at the minute, but their history is our history and vice versa, and in the cold light of day, with whats happening to football, with yer Man Citys , Chelseas, its all some of us have got, cos it will be a long time before Sheffield Wednesday Football club versus Blackburn Rover Football club, will be seen as owt bar a spat between grumpy old men...and thats fookin' sad

Fantastic, as ever.

Guest Nigeyy

Living on the other side of the atlantic......

While there's a lot of stuff the US does I can't say i admire, business is definitely one of their strengths.  There's money to be made with SWFC (and made in a decent way too that can fit into a club's heritage as well as to the benefit of the club and its supporters).  The real problem is doing this properly.  I've been to various professional sporting events over here (American football, baseball, basketball and ice hockey) and they really do maximize money making potential in every area. Which of course is good and admirable in the business sense, but can be bad from the fan sense.

Corporate boxes are just one way for a club going forward -though that doesn't mean to say I like the idea of them, but they are a necessity in today's football. Adapt or die (or live in the bottom tiers) as nothing is ever permanent.

Interesting post that pal

I believe in that side Arsenal spent a fair few million on Henry, Pires, Viera. That's a total of £20.5 million and not counting the rest.

:biggrin:

While there's a lot of stuff the US does I can't say i admire, business is definitely one of their strengths.  There's money to be made with SWFC (and made in a decent way too that can fit into a club's heritage as well as to the benefit of the club and its supporters).  The real problem is doing this properly.  I've been to various professional sporting events over here (American football, baseball, basketball and ice hockey) and they really do maximize money making potential in every area. Which of course is good and admirable in the business sense, but can be bad from the fan sense.

Corporate boxes are just one way for a club going forward -though that doesn't mean to say I like the idea of them, but they are a necessity in today's football. Adapt or die (or live in the bottom tiers) as nothing is ever permanent.

How about 3 * 30 minute halves so advertisers can force ever more poo down our throats. Or how about massive company logos painted into the grass. Bigger nets will allow for more goals, and we'll all go to watch the latest "soccer match-up" waving big foam hands just like the MLS.

The MLS lol embarrassing football since 1993

what feckin' assets???

tin pot, barnsley sized club, bulled up by millionaire fans money, till the millionaire is no more...

it's just darwinism taking it's course...

hold tight lads, the landing might be a bit bumpy...

Knowing the local geography, that's quite amusing. Noisy neighbours?

Darwen used to have their own Football League club in the early 1900's

Good post. although there's no relegation issues to worry about which allows for more effort to be put into the business operations

Guest Fedor

I did find it amusing yesterday walking up Halifax Road after the match. There were middle aged Blackburn fans dressed like they had been in the corporate boxes and giving us the rods.

Edited by Fedor

Mass cringeworthy protesting against a man who had them in the top three? IMO they drove him out and now they are going nowhere.

Not only protesting against a man who had them in the top three, but they were actually top of the league in his final match before resigning.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19766783

The owners have been an absolutely disgrace, but the fans organising protests against the manager (and they were chanting Kean Out, not Venkys Out) when the team were actually playing well really didn't help matters.

I believe in that side Arsenal spent a fair few million on Henry, Pires, Viera. That's a total of £20.5 million and not counting the rest.

:biggrin:

20 million and they had 3 of the best players ever to grace the premiership with their class? thats a bargain , and also they have never thrown money at signings they have always been bargains and sold on for a stupid amount