Club Statement!

Good call.

England is never EVER going to have an Ultra scene like Europe or South America, so letting off the odd smoke bomb here or there is utterly pointless and adds absolutely nothing to the atmosphere.

Totally true. People think that letting off a smoke bang makes them into an ultra, when really you need to be a totally unhinged Turkishman to even ever be considered for the role of Ultra. Anything else and you're just looking a bit silly.

The fact someone lobbed one onto the pitch at the Barnsley match, narrowly missing the linesman, had something to do with it.

I don't have a problem with them if they are used responsibly, but away at Leicester they were being chucked between the crowd leading to injuries (a young boy had to go for medical treatment as he got one to the side of the face) and we nearly clocked an official with one last match.  Just imagine the repercussions for the club had it hit him.  

I'm well aware some of our fans have empty spaces where their brains should be, so the only way to deal with it is ban them altogether.  

Completely agree with this. We have fully seated stadia in this country which means people don't always choose where to sit. This means people who don't want to be near this kind of activity are. Compare this to other countries where terraces are still in place and the ultras who let off flares and smoke bombs are all stood together and it makes much more sense. 

IMO the only way to use flares and smoke bombs is to the clubs do it themselves. i.e., organised.  

Hardly surprising that the club has issued such a statement in light of all the comments and threads about "Pyro" on here is it?

Suppose in a way you could claim Owlstalk sorted it!

Completely agree with this. We have fully seated stadia in this country which means people don't always choose where to sit. This means people who don't want to be near this kind of activity are. Compare this to other countries where terraces are still in place and the ultras who let off flares and smoke bombs are all stood together and it makes much more sense.

IMO the only way to use flares and smoke bombs is to the clubs do it themselves. i.e., organised.

In other words, the continued sanitisation of the English game is only a product of the sanitisation of the English game.

A real shame, for me. Not necessarily this in isolation but just generally the constant clamping down on any supporter activity which extends beyond being sat quietly in your chair.

In other words, the continued sanitisation of the English game is only a product of the sanitisation of the English game.

A real shame, for me. Not necessarily this in isolation but

just generally the constant clamping down on any supporter activity which extends beyond being sat quietly in your chair.

This. In European football they actually do something about it. Rebel in their own way. We are all happy to sit and carry on.

This. In European football they actually do something about it. Rebel in their own way. We are all happy to sit and carry on.

You can be as pwoper nawty as you like for me.

Just make sure your hoodies up and you don't have any identifiable Burberry.

Watch out for the cameras too.

Stop exaggerating.

You can Boom, Boom, Parp, Parp, Bang, Bang, Toot flipping Toot

To your hearts delight.

Only if he had a vile curry the night before though Reading!

The best atmospheres I've ever been a witness/contributor to are fan induced/orchestrated as opposed to manufactured by flares, smoke, bands, drums. Just total, raw human spirit and the feelings of togetherness.

Sorry about that.