If We Stop Up, He's Still Gotta Go.

Guest Big Guns

Anymore ex-players?

Who are all these ex-players that have failed as manager at SWFC in the last 20 odd years? It's a list of one...Wilson

Turner

Guest wadsleyjackowl

He's signed 13 players this season and still needs to pad out the squad with 6 loan players.

Whichever way you look at that it is ridiculous.

Think these key facts will have a bearing if DJ will be manager next year. When MM sits down with DJ to discuss it and looks at the players he's signed in the belief that last years weren't good enough..Llera replaced by Taylor; Mattock to replace Reda; Bothroyd / wickham to replace COG and Amado to replace Lines. Your not telling me any of those signed up to sit on our bench??? End of day football is a business. Only MM can only truly answer if that's been a successful business year. Return on capital employed and all that. Edited by wadsleyjackowl

I honestly don't know where we go with this squad.

6 of the players won't be here come June so it looks as if we need to sign half a team (again).

He more than likely will have to you're right but the fact remains if he'd signed more players on top of what he has to leave us in the position we are people would be going even more flipping mental than they are now.

Our squad last season was good enough to get us out of League One with the right loan players towards the last few months of the season and nobody could question that we needed a complete re-vamp of the playing personnel IF we were going to compete at the top end of the division. As it was we've worked with a small budget for permanent signings......picked up some fantastic players (Kirkland, Gardener, Lee, McCabe, Antonio) in addition to loan players who have/haven't done the business for us.

There's a transition taking place given the fact that we have a lot of players who are not going to cut it for us at the club are out of contract in the summer and my belief is that a number of the players signed over the close season are for further down the line with a different style of play. As it is DJ has experimented a number of times throughout the season on occasions trying to find the right blend of playing the ball whilst being defensively sound.......that to me is where it hasn't worked and we've resorted to playing very directly.

We have 11 players out of contract in the summer Buxton, JJ, Semedo, Prutton, Coke, Davies, Lavery, Llera, Bywater, Weaver, Bennett all free up money to bring new blood in.....with the exception of Buxton do we really want any of the others?

Guest MrsGoggins

We have 11 players out of contract in the summer Buxton, JJ, Semedo, Prutton, Coke, Davies, Lavery, Llera, Bywater, Weaver, Bennett all free up money to bring new blood in.....with the exception of Buxton do we really want any of the others?

No lets spend the summer tracking a striker, pay 350k for him and leave him out of the side until January. In the mean time moan that players need to leave before new ones come in.  If that fails we could bring in a few premiership strikers and play them on the right wing and if that fails sign a small striker and tell everyone to hoof long balls at him.

It's the general view on the terraces that he should go no matter wot happens

No it's not. If you over heard 100 people (whatever, of course you didn't!) with that view then that means there were 24,900 fans who didn't say it!!

You expected champions league status in 3 years? Or do you think we should build over time? Chip and change and you set us back more years. Have a little patience.

No lets spend the summer tracking a striker, pay 350k for him and leave him out of the side until January. In the mean time moan that players need to leave before new ones come in.  If that fails we could bring in a few premiership strikers and play them on the right wing and if that fails sign a small striker and tell everyone to hoof long balls at him.

lol I get your point but it really isn't as straight forward as people may believe it is to change a whole mentality and way of playing within the club......takes a bit more time than one pre-season to do it.

Guest JonTheOwl66

I actually take it as a compliment that people such as yourself and Big Guns laugh at DJM's post.

Especially considering your two's reputations on here.

Village idiots maybe the way to sum the both of you up.

:laugh:

TALK ABOUT THE POST NOT THE POSTER.

Although I did make you look a little silly in the MDT earlier, something you didn't respond to I believe?

And replace him with who????

The same old familiar names will get trotted out - Neil Warnock who despite having twice the budget is doing the most mediocre of jobs at Leeds - and Nigel Pearson who is doing the most lamentable job in the championship - true sacking performance if ever there was one.

The same fans who will ignore every mitigating factor that doesn't support their nonsense and trot out myths while stretching the truth to breaking point - because reasonable and unbiased analysis means their hysteria is seen in all its naked lunacy

The truth is that as always it's more a case of "anybody else will do and NOBODY could do worse" - for a few games then it'll be " get this cunt sacked, he's flipping useless, this is the worst season in our history, blah blah flipping blah"

To say that survival in the most attritional division that anybody can ever remember is a sacking offence is beyond infantile buffoonery.

Edited by scram

Guest JonTheOwl66

By the way - Jones shouldn't (and won't) get sacked. 

He won't while Mandaric is at this club.

:laugh:

TALK ABOUT THE POST NOT THE POSTER.

Although I did make you look a little silly in the MDT earlier, something you didn't respond to I believe?

Did you really?

Can't recall this?

I must have missed the post that "made me look a little silly". I respond to most posts.

To be fair though JTO... if you did make me look a little silly, it would make a change you making someone else look silly. You do a pretty good job of making yourself look "silly" most of the time.

Guest Johnbloodaxe

I'm not convinced by any football managers to be honest.

The only ones that seem to have any consistency are Ferguson, Moyes and Wenger (even though Arsenal fans seem to feel otherwise). and even Big Sam to a lesser extent.

I think it's more about the coacing staff in most other circumstances.

Managers can swing from hero in one season to abject failure the next.

The Newcastle manager masisvely over acheived last season, given an eight year contract, and is barely above relegation this season.

The more I watch football the more I'm convinced that apart from very few that prove the exception it all seems to be about the luck of the draw and the day. The bigger budget clubs always have the edge due to the skills of the players that can be afforded.

For most other teams its mainly a lottery.

Look at O'neill for another example of hero to villain.

Look at the way Megson is viewed differently by WBrom and Bolton fans...

You could right a long list of heros to villains and a very short list of consisitently succesful managers.

It's an enigma wrapped up in a paradox wrapped up in a mystery..

There are so many variables in football and in games it even strains the chaos theory that seems to rule everything else in the universe.

By the way Warnocks available...