If We Stop Up, He's Still Gotta Go.

Guest JonTheOwl66

I have to like BRADDAZ. He has been highly critical of Jones at times this season but he refuses to join in with the tantrums and abuse, retaining a logical pragmatism that many would do well to emulate.

:laugh:

Gi' orrrrr.

Guest mkowl

Jeez can one of you come up with a sensible option for a replacement manager. Not sure there is one orher in the Championship i would swap with. The chopping and changing of managers has been a recipe for disaster for the last 20 years so why do people seriously think a change would work this time

we can't do the sitting back bit and we never learn,its like custers last stand at the minuite ,take the game to them ffs it's not rocket science ,less chance of scoring against us in their half but no we score one and retreat ,and usually end up like today ,

we can't do the sitting back bit and we never learn,its like custers last stand at the minuite ,take the game to them ffs it's not rocket science ,less chance of scoring against us in their half but no we score one and retreat ,and usually end up like today ,

This!

Guest Big Guns

Is that the terraces in the pub cos' you're the epitome of the part time fan

I will be next season jones is driving fans away with his strange behaviour

At this stage of the season 47 points is often a great retrun for a newly promoted team. We'd be well safe.

He's built a flippingshitt squad

Guest Big Guns

I actually take it as a compliment that people such as yourself and Big Guns laugh at DJM's post.

Especially considering your two's reputations on here.

Village idiots maybe the way to sum the both of you up.

So you think everyone should think like you

Are you a control freak

Do you let your bird go out on her own

So you think everyone should think like you

Are you a control freak

Do you let your bird go out on her own

No, everyone is entitled to an opinion.

I enjoy coming on here for a debate, even if I don't agree with people. It's why I've been a regular contributor to this site for years.

It's impossible to debate with you though. So I've given over trying.

You just carry on sticking to your pathetic little wind up posts in hope of a bite of two.

Oh and congratulations on getting me to bite... Yet again.

Regards

Braddass

x

Edited by BRADDAZ

Jonesy, Stop inviting teams to attack us for 90 minutes, although we have done well away from home we are at that stage where we need wins, nothing less.

We cannot expect to keep a clean sheet when we are under the cosh for that length of time the deeper we play the chances increase of the opposition scoring.

At 1-0 we should have took it to them and got them on the back foot,  if their fullbacks are occupied they cannot cause havoc joining in the attacks,it also gives the defence a breather.   you need to be more positive for the remaining games. 4 points is ok over easter but 6 would have been better.    No matter how we dress it up we were playing a team bottom of the league albeit with a good home record, this game was there for the taking and in my humble opinion your negative tactics/ team selection told me you would be happy with a point, you may have noticed every bugger around us is winning not drawing, just a thought. 

We all want you to do well, but i for one am starting to feel a bit uneasy.

I get your point, but I'm not sure there was much more to be done at the end.

I only listened to it, but according to Lawrie Madden the players looked spent by the end. When the legs have gone against a desperate team it's difficult to push them back.

Guest FlyingKanchelskis

Selective history

88-89 sacked Eustace appointed Big Ron stayed up

97-98 sacked Pleat appointed Big Ron stayed up

00-01 sacked Jewell appointed Shreeves stayed up

01-02 sacked Shreeves appointed Yorath stayed up

06-07 sacked Sturrock appointed Laws stayed up

in addtion to 5 "stay-ups" you can also add two "gone-ups" with

04-05 sacked Turner appointed Sturrock; and

11-12 sacked Megson appointed Jones.

None of those managers lasted longer than two full seasons.

Big Ron (97/98), Shreeves and Yorath kept us barely afloat before our eventual slide down the leagues.

Laws (07/08) kept us up on the last day of the season, so not much of an improvement. Had one decent season, mainly because we did the double over the Blades but then imploded the following season

Our short term approach to running the club is what has caused it's decline. We peaked with Wilkinson, Big Ron and Francis but since 94/95 season its been gradual decline with the occasional spike of glory.

Hiring and firing at the first sign of trouble is not the way to run a football club