If We Stop Up, He's Still Gotta Go.

Guest FlyingKanchelskis

We should definitely get rid of Dave Jones

A quick glance at our recent history proves that sacking our manager when we're in a relegation scrap has ensured that we retained our status in the league that we were in.

99-00: Sacked Wilson, brought in Shreeves - Stayed in Premiership

02-03: Sacked Yorath, brought in Turner - Stayed in Div 1

09-10: Sacked Laws, brought in Irvine - Stayed in Championship

The evidence speaks for itself!

It's about time that all these fans who do nothing but moan about the manager and get on the teams back grew the **** up and stopped been so childish!

I've noticed that none of these people calling for DJ's head have offered any suggestions as to who should be the next manager.

All this negativity from the supporters is what is killing our club, it's as if you can't wait for something bad to happen just so you can have a good moan and do your best to bring everyone else down!

Get back on the bass you've lost mi

You see the negative in everything. We've secured 4 points from 6 from our relegation rivals. One point more than Barnsley and three more than Bristol in the last two games. Surely, that's a positive step forward.

Guest Big Guns

So the general context of the anti DJ brigade is that unless he wins EVERY game he has to be sacked

Absolutely unbelievable

Nope he should be sacked even if we win every game

Did you read the op

Some people are unreal.

We could chop and change manager, or we could keep faith with a long term plan and aim to actually start achieving.

It takes time to realise a long term plan, when was the last time we really stuck by a manager to do just that?   

I'd have backed Megson long term, and I will back Jones long term.   Before those two, I never felt safe with any manager we had prior to Francis.   That's a flipping long time.

What long term plan are you referring to?

Is it the style of play that DJ is developing...because the football has never been worse than this season.

Is it the team players who will develop togther ovr the next couple of seasons...hard to see that one either with 6 loans and half of the team made up of 30+ players.

Nope he should be sacked even if we win every game

Did you read the op

Yep I read it........

So give us an opinion on who we should 'like' as a manager prior to the appointment being made if/when he gets sacked and then maybe we can all be unified.

We should definitely get rid of Dave Jones

A quick glance at our recent history proves that sacking our manager when we're in a relegation scrap has ensured that we retained our status in the league that we were in.

99-00: Sacked Wilson, brought in Shreeves - Stayed in Premiership

02-03: Sacked Yorath, brought in Turner - Stayed in Div 1

09-10: Sacked Laws, brought in Irvine - Stayed in Championship

The evidence speaks for itself!

It's about time that all these fans who do nothing but moan about the manager and get on the teams back grew the **** up and stopped been so childish!

I've noticed that none of these people calling for DJ's head have offered any suggestions as to who should be the next manager.

All this negativity from the supporters is what is killing our club, it's as if you can't wait for something bad to happen just so you can have a good moan and do your best to bring everyone else down!

Selective history

88-89 sacked Eustace appointed Big Ron stayed up

97-98 sacked Pleat appointed Big Ron stayed up

00-01 sacked Jewell appointed Shreeves stayed up

01-02 sacked Shreeves appointed Yorath stayed up

06-07 sacked Sturrock appointed Laws stayed up

in addtion to 5 "stay-ups" you can also add two "gone-ups" with

04-05 sacked Turner appointed Sturrock; and

11-12 sacked Megson appointed Jones.

Guest Big Guns

Yep I read it........

So give us an opinion on who we should 'like' as a manager prior to the appointment being made if/when he gets sacked and then maybe we can all be unified.

Kevin keegan

Jonesy, Stop inviting teams to attack us for 90 minutes, although we have done well away from home we are at that stage where we need wins, nothing less.

We cannot expect to keep a clean sheet when we are under the cosh for that length of time the deeper we play the chances increase of the opposition scoring.

At 1-0 we should have took it to them and got them on the back foot,  if their fullbacks are occupied they cannot cause havoc joining in the attacks,it also gives the defence a breather.   you need to be more positive for the remaining games. 4 points is ok over easter but 6 would have been better.    No matter how we dress it up we were playing a team bottom of the league albeit with a good home record, this game was there for the taking and in my humble opinion your negative tactics/ team selection told me you would be happy with a point, you may have noticed every bugger around us is winning not drawing, just a thought. 

We all want you to do well, but i for one am starting to feel a bit uneasy.

Guest Big Guns

I have to like BRADDAZ. He has been highly critical of Jones at times this season but he refuses to join in with the tantrums and abuse, retaining a logical pragmatism that many would do well to emulate.

I'd rather people have there own minds holmes

Jonesy, Stop inviting teams to attack us for 90 minutes, although we have done well away from home we are at that stage where we need wins, nothing less.

We cannot expect to keep a clean sheet when we are under the cosh for that length of time the deeper we play the chances increase of the opposition scoring.

At 1-0 we should have took it to them and got them on the back foot,  if their fullbacks are occupied they cannot cause havoc joining in the attacks,it also gives the defence a breather.   you need to be more positive for the remaining games. 4 points is ok over easter but 6 would have been better.    No matter how we dress it up we were playing a team bottom of the league albeit with a good home record, this game was there for the taking and in my humble opinion your negative tactics/ team selection told me you would be happy with a point, you may have noticed every bugger around us is winning not drawing, just a thought. 

We all want you to do well, but i for one am starting to feel a bit uneasy.

Now now luther sensible post's on here don't work mate ,you should know that lol