ANTE MIROCEVIC QUOTE IN OBSERVER TODAY about his time in S6

"I loved the pubs."

"Lager and lime with a whisky chaser. I'd drink 10 ,  20 pints a night and then we'd train the next day. That's what England taught me, how to drink and play."

If only he'd drunk the same as Hirsty !

That would explain some of his performances

My abiding memory was after scoring at West ham to give us the lead , he went to the "North Bank" to acclaim the goal he'd just stuck in , in front of thenm and looked surprised to receive such a torrent of abuse (98% of which would have gone over his head anyway) !

We went on to lose 2-1, with Phil Parkes playing a blinder to stop us getting owt out of it.

The game otherwise  famous for being the only one Trevor Brooking ever got booked in ! Dirty Git !

He should have got p----d every game ....he scored at Highbury ! If only the rest of the team had half a brain and could get on the same wave length as him.

That's brought back a bad memory. I've been to four losing semi finals, 54, 60, 83, 86 and there's nothing worse. Remember standing right in line with the Jimmy Case free kick and my "mate" a Chesterfield fan saying "this is going in" and then bloody Michael Robinson running to those Brighton fans in the stand to our left.

That's brought back a bad memory. I've been to  losing semi finals,, 60, 83, 86 and there's nothing worse. 

Ditto mate - but back then FA Cup actually meant something!

Transistor radio at school for lunchtime cup draw and every round was waited for with bated breath, dint matter who you were drawn against - yeah even Sunny Scunny when we lost! Happy daze