Good evening 'Wednesday-ites'

Cogba is awful.

Was dire in league 1, and because he scored a couple at start of season he was treated like a god by some. We got rid and brought in Wickham so seams fair to me. I'd be extatic if he left at end of season, never been good enough for this level.!

Guest mkowl

Back in the 80's the rivalry was more with Barnsley than Utd, Ronnie Glavin fat barsteward. Certainly coming from North Sheffield there were more Dingles than Blades at school and there was a real mix of results in those games

They used to travel in real numbers back then 8-10k

It will be a close game, helped that COG won't be playing

Far from it, that's why i love the current squad, all play for eachother, 110% passion and commitment, we don't have a carrier bag so to speak.

That penalty you got against Brighton.What a joke that was..I can see something like that happening against us as we always get crap refs but you seem to have had a lotta luck lately.

For a 1 man team.

If we can replace Antonio them I'm extremely confident, hopefully JJ will be able to step up though as he has in the past.

It seems as if COG has been your best player so will be a miss for you, your strike force isn't as worrying as us so I fancy us to scrape it.

Fat bleeding get wants milking... you coming nesting ? When ? Satday. What time ? Bout 7 cant why ? Teckin gf to sheffield...... sez it all lol

Good spot

Its been a while  :cool:

Anyway, i am stuck for something to do, and seen as us 'Dingles' are visiting your lovely stadium next week, i just thought i would pop by and see what the feeling is regarding the game a week on Saturday?  Are you feeling confident? Worried? 

I have just purchased my tickets for the game, and as of yesterday we had sold 1200.  Tickets go on general sale tomorrow.

I noticed you will be without Antonio, and obviously Wickham has gone back to Sunderland, so do you think you will bring anybody in before the deadline next week?

I must mention Chris O'Grady, what on earth were you thinking sending him out on loan to us?  Your local rivals AND relegation rivals.  I must admit i was fairly unsure when we announced he had joined on loan.  But he has been simply awesome the past couple of games, he really does run his blood to water, and he's got to be the best target man type player I have seen at Oakwell for some while, his old up play is phenomenal.    

Horses for courses re COG.

Chipped in with a few goals and worked his balls off for Wednesday, but just wasn't contributing enough on a consistent basis to warrant a place in the team. Seems to have fitted in well at Barnsley, good luck to the lad. Perhaps he was struggling to adjust to playing for a big club and has now gone back to being a big fish in a small pond at Barnsley like he was at Rochdale and Rotherham where he also enjoyed some success...?

Obviously, Antonio is a big loss and I suspect he will be replaced for the rest of the season. Hopefully, JJ will take his chance (if he gets the opportunity) as he tends to hit a purple patch at contract renewal time!

As for Wickham, did a good job for us for a month, but the results were better before he arrived, so not concerned too much about him going back to Sunderland. Plus, I think we always knew it was a short-term deal too.

I am hoping we can turn around our home form starting with Barnsley, then I am confident we will be fine. Seriously, I can't believe how much the bottom teams have picked up since the turn of the year.