Blackburn sack Appleton - Reckon they are going down. Thank goodness for Milan

I put this in the matchday section as I think it directly affects us in two ways.

1) Blackburn are in such turmoil that I simply don't see them surviving due to the impact on morale

2) For those who moan about the way Milan runs the club this serves as a timely reminder of just how lucky we are to have him instead of crazy unrealistic owners such as the Venky's

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21843906

I agree with number 2, however I doubt they will go down. They have enough firepower to take them over the line regardless of all the nonsense that surrounds them

Well if he does let the fans down he's only himself to blame, and the players and the manager.

Edited by council owl

Would argue that,

He said will back the manager brought in plenty of players and then supported with loans some big names too.

When was the last time we had players or the recognition and calibre of Kirkland, Gardner, Rodri, Boothroyd, Whickham, Lita. all grace out team in one season. ( may not have worked but he still funded it )

The one person everyone wanted was Antonio which he delivered too

Think its safe to say Milan has been more than supportive to this club. I really do not know how any one can critise the man lets face the facts

He bought us, went on a spree of buying what was it 6 players in that January.

Brought In Megson to stabalise us

When that was not working Changed to Jones and supported him in loans

Got us promoted

Supported Jones in a purchase of new blood ( on and off the Field )

Supported Jones in loans all way through

and yet we are still on course to in staying in this division

some people are quick to judge football is not all about spending millions, we have a very very good chairman here and I have no doubt that we will loan again or he will back Jones if / when the time his right.

Seriously do you think MM would want us to get relegated any more than we will

Even in the summer, although we werent shopping domestically and looking for a better deal I bet we spent a few quid. The problem being the players were rubbish!

Even in the summer, although we werent shopping domestically and looking for a better deal I bet we spent a few quid. The problem being the players were rubbish!

That happens from time to time and even good players sometimes just don't fit a particular club which is why throwing money at it is always such a big gamble that in most cases does not pay off.

Money guarantees nothing. Tried at Pompey, Coventry, Leeds, Blackburn, QPR and various others.

Tell you what Council, why not re-mortgage your house and put all your money into Wednesday, you seem happy enough for other people to spend theirs with no realistic prospect of a return.

Good way of putting it.

I hate the big money spending clubs and especially the tin pot ones like Portsmouth who got into so much debt it almost put them out of business..  Palace keep getting away with Administration......clubs should live within their means and no big fat cash injections from Non Football people which goes straight into the pay cheques of Players and agents......most of them from outside the UK.