Official Start Maguire And Madine Thread

I think if no other striker is brought in during the loan window then Jones obviously believes Madine or Maguire can do a job for us.  If he puts JJ up top it could pay off, it may not but I feel it's to big a risk this late in the season due to JJ inconsistent nature but then again bringing someone else in isn't guaranteed to work either.  Worrying times

Edited by OWLS about that?

Madine is overrated by alot of wednesday fans. Showed some nice touches on sat but that is all. He does not scare defenders, never manages to escape them.

I swear he is more concerned with how he looks than concentrating on the game.

His ego surpasses his play at the moment. Before he can strut around pretending he is Cantona with his chest puffed out , he need to prove he can score goals at this level.

He has proved nothing so far despite plenty of chances.

Don't know if some people are completely blind or just see what they want to see.

On saturday Madine was probably our best player when he came on (especially with the long-ball that we are playing). Won most of the headers he went for and knocked them on to one of our players, took the ball down well and played it off to the wings or through to Lita and then got in the box waiting for the cross in. Unfortunately that's where the problem is - we don't have any players that can cross. He's not the kind of striker that uses pace to run in behind defenses but some people seem to expect that from him.

Some of our fans really are stupid if they're using made up drivel about 'egos' to knock one of our young prospects.

P.S. If we don't get any others in before Barnsley I would go for Madine & Lita up front with Maguire on the wing.

Edited by paulmat

Don't know if some people are completely blind or just see what they want to see.

On saturday Madine was probably our best player when he came on (especially with the long-ball that we are playing). Won most of the headers he went for and knocked them on to one of our players, took the ball down well and played it off to the wings or through to Lita and then got in the box waiting for the cross in. Unfortunately that's where the problem is - we don't have any players that can cross. He's not the kind of striker that uses pace to run in behind defenses but some people seem to expect that from him.

Some of our fans really are stupid if they're using made up drivel about 'egos' to knock one of our young prospects.

P.S. If we don't get any others in before Barnsley I would go for Madine & Lita up front with Maguire on the wing.

I agree that he did look ok when he came on but over a whole season I have seen him play well about 2-3 times and even then he never looked like scoring.

My comments about ego come purely from my subjective perception. I could be way off the mark but that is how i see him. 

I would love nothing better than for Madine to start banging them in, but something tells me he needs to get over himself a bit before he can really start applying himself. 

Either that or a goal or two to get him in the groove. He never looks like scoring though and he has fluffed quite a few chances. That is the problem.

Guest wilyfox

please no more Madine/JJ/Maguire will save us threads; they've contributed very little between them. I'd put money on DJ recruiting before the loan window closes.