Official Start Maguire And Madine Thread

I would respectfully suggest we need a  bit more than players who can provide more than the  occasional good touch, especially in our current plight, i fear one of them two will be used upfront over the next few weeks, purely because its the cheapest option. which also makes me fear the the worst results wise. 

To be fair they have only had the opportunity to have an 'occasional good touch' especially Maguire! I understand where you're coming from though, need more than 1 real quality striker in this division.

This will work.

Madine holding up.

Maguire the fastest striker we've got playing off him.

Give it a chance!

Wouldn't work. Remember the Millwall game with Madine and Rodri. Any ball played forward was coming straight back. 2-1 down and could't get in their box, until COG came on and suddenly the Millwall defenders were unable to muscle COG off the ball. Result, we won.

Can someone start the official 'get some money spent on 2 or 3 decent loans ASAP otherwise we will be playing at Oldham next season' thread?

Madine, McGuire et al aren't good enough, otherwise they would have been playing for most of the season. We were barely a good enough with a full, fit squad so we might just need to dip into the coffers, otherwise we may well regret it, big time.

Madine is overrated by alot of wednesday fans. Showed some nice touches on sat but that is all. He does not scare defenders, never manages to escape them.

I swear he is more concerned with how he looks than concentrating on the game.

His ego surpasses his play at the moment. Before he can strut around pretending he is Cantona with his chest puffed out , he need to prove he can score goals at this level.

He has proved nothing so far despite plenty of chances.

Guest Mattty

The last time we tried those 2 up front together it was against Oldham. We went 2 nil down and Jones took them BOTH off at 43 minutes! Get a grip!

Guest HartlepoolOWL

Even if he is (which he aint) then what does that tell ya about our attacking options, championship quality our having a laugh

Madine is championship quality would have him the glen muarry  

Guest Fedor

Madine should be starting every time best finisher we have 

Madine is championship quality would have him the glen muarry  

Hi Neil