Normal Service (Finally) Resumed

Guest Vic Rattlehead

Every team in every division tries to get better in that division season after season . Barnsley have fought relegation every season bar one and have survived by the skin of their teeth and yet they still come on here thinking theyre a decent side . We've had a garbage first season back but it is finding our feet again and if/when we survive at least next season we'll be leaving these trolls under their bridges to get all cocky towards donnie and pigs if they come back up .

First year back survival and push on from their . Your lot is first season survival , second season survival , third season .... you get the drift . So this year what were hoping to achieve is the same as you but next year if you survive youll be in yet another relegation battle and if we do well finish further up . Enjoy your point in front of us while it lasts . Just a question though if you do go down how does that affect your more than adequate budget ?

Guest Vic Rattlehead

First year back survival and push on from their . Your lot is first season survival , second season survival , third season .... you get the drift . So this year what were hoping to achieve is the same as you but next year if you survive youll be in yet another relegation battle and if we do well finish further up . Enjoy your point in front of us while it lasts . Just a question though if you do go down how does that affect your more than adequate budget ?

Or the short answer - nothing.

You clearly don't have a clue what you're talking about. We've been planning for the fair play rules for over a year now and our income this season is about £4m above budget. We'll be more than fine.

Where is the evidence for this?

You won't be able to rely on selling players for a profit each and every season - so then you'd be relying on the income from 9,000 crowds - so you're going to have to rely on consistently punching well above your weight to not be a core League 1 club in the next 2-3 years onwards, irrespective of what happens this season.

Or the short answer - nothing.

This is totally true but I dont go on your site every week were above you telling you that normal service is resumed . To be honest I hope we both stay up and the pigs and doncatraz come up too as it makes the season more interesting . I work in barnsley and as a wednesdayite I want us to finish as far up as possible and couldnt care less who is above us , preferably no one but your lot just seem to want to finish above us and dont care how well or badly you do as long as that happens .

Guest Darkus Owlus

You clearly don't have a clue what you're talking about. We've been planning for the fair play rules for over a year now and our income this season is about £4m above budget. We'll be more than fine.

You won't, you always struggle in this league, constantly keeping your head above water, this time, you'll drown.

We'll beat you and you'll lose your next two away games as well. You could easily lose the next four.

Why did you sell that player to Everton then?

I thought it was for financial reasons.

Can you explain that? £4 MILLION above budget?  Really?  

7,900 and 9,000 against two of the top sides in the division after a great cup run. I don't see how that equates to being 4 MILLION above budget.  What was your projected budget and what has been your income?  And what is your projected income next sesaon?

Guest Vic Rattlehead

We've sold two players for 3.5m and made about 1m from our cup run. We budgeted to go out of the cup in the third round.

You know Vic mate..when things look bleak for The Owls...I always take comfort in the fact I don't follow such as your mob..forever hanging onto the coat tails of clubs bigger and better....forever yapping like a fookin' mongrel looking for an home....posting on here....lingering in the light bestowed by your betters....skulking in the  shadows cast.

I don't mind Barnsley...and thats about the most i can say about 'em...simply not mithered, unless we play come a Saturday. 

In a million years I would not think of posting on a Barnsley message board.

You scamper for attention...you demean yourself and you demean your club...I find it all rather pathetic.....

Sure we might go down....seems fate always fooks us over one way or another......and THe Wednesday let you down more times than not....but christ almighty....who the flip would swap that to follow the likes of bleedin' Barnsley....?......

carry on posting mate....you're simply a wanabee Wednesday fan, why else would you post yer tat on here.

Come what may when the game comes and goes...I know where i would sooner be...and its a million miles away from Oakwell mate

Barnsley fans should have a bit of respect here, and not bite the hand that feeds em. When they came round with the begging bowl needing a striker, we loaned em COG and by all accounts he's doing well.

Its like having a scruffy neighbour who can't afford a tele and has to listen to the radio, but us having a heart and lending em our black and white one out of the loft that we never use to tide em over, and then the cheeky fookers have the nerve come over constantly to have a go at us

They'll always be our pesky neighbours, they're a bit like a anoying little brother, don't wish em any harm but flip off.

They've always had this gripe because we've come and taken best players off them.

David Hirst

Carl Bradshaw

Larry May

and even manager Danny Wilson.

Guest Vic Rattlehead

You know Vic mate..when things look bleak for The Owls...I always take comfort in the fact I don't follow such as your mob..forever hanging onto the coat tails of clubs bigger and better....forever yapping like a fookin' mongrel looking for an home....posting on here....lingering in the light bestowed by your betters....skulking in the shadows cast.

I don't mind Barnsley...and thats about the most i can say about 'em...simply not mithered, unless we play come a Saturday.

In a million years I would not think of posting on a Barnsley message board.

You scamper for attention...you demean yourself and you demean your club...I find it all rather pathetic.....

Sure we might go down....seems fate always fooks us over one way or another......and THe Wednesday let you down more times than not....but christ almighty....who the flip would swap that to follow the likes of bleedin' Barnsley....?......

carry on posting mate....you're simply a wanabee Wednesday fan, why else would you post yer tat on here.

Come what may when the game comes and goes...I know where i would sooner be...and its a million miles away from Oakwell mate

Some thought went into that for someone who's not mithered. Just explain two things - how are we possibly hanging onto your coat tails, how does that even work? Secondly, what's a wannabe Wednesday fan or a wannabe fan of any club? Surely if I wanted to be a Wednesday fan then I just would.

As for coming on here, as I've said about ten times previously, I like the banter/arguing and as people seem to enjoy the same then I will continue to post sporadically.