Kirkland's Price Tag

Well Buffon went to juve for 32.6 million,which in nowadays money is close to 45 million. Also,throw in that Kirkland is English and in the case of people like downing,Carroll and Henderson is known to make the price go upto 100%,then Kirkland is roughly worth £90 million,give or take.

To be fair it's only his injuries that prevented him being a regular in the premiership. He's been fit all season (touch wood) so surely that's problem solved. Age ain't on his side but keepers can play into their 40's anyway.

I wouldn't like to give a price tag, we've been stung before with claiming to have £20 million back line

It's a silly question.

We could get aroun 1.5million for him I reckon, but.....replace him and we risk changing a vital position and weakening our first 11.

Turn that 1.5 million and change it into the amount of points we believe Kirkland might have saved us this season?   I think if we are a club looking forwards and not back, we'd be stupid to accept such a sum.

To replace him we would need pure pot look with a freebie, or a similar fee, which would be a gamble.

Don't gamble.

To be fair it's only his injuries that prevented him being a regular in the premiership. He's been fit all season (touch wood) so surely that's problem solved. Age ain't on his side but keepers can play into their 40's anyway.

I wouldn't like to give a price tag, we've been stung before with claiming to have £20 million back line

I know the backline that was valued at 20 mil but none of them were seasoned professionals they were all youngsters with potential.  Kirkland is a seasoned pro and has played at the highest level for club and country.

Well Buffon went to juve for 32.6 million,which in nowadays money is close to 45 million. Also,throw in that Kirkland is English and in the case of people like downing,Carroll and Henderson is known to make the price go upto 100%,then Kirkland is roughly worth £90 million,give or take.

lol

£700k and he'll be off... Not sure if there are any premiership teams that would be vastly improved by Kirkland; don't get me wrong, he's a brilliant keeper, and in the running for POTY, but there are also some top class keepers in the Prem

I was in the executive stand against Wolves and a Man City scout was there making notes on Helan, in the corner of his sheet we noticed he'd made some notes about Kirkland as well so shows that even the Premier League champions have noticed him.

£700k and he'll be off... Not sure if there are any premiership teams that would be vastly improved by Kirkland; don't get me wrong, he's a brilliant keeper, and in the running for POTY, but there are also some top class keepers in the Prem

Would you say Arsenal's keepers Szczesny or Fabianski better the Kirkland? I don't think they are.

Guest markowl123

Would you say Arsenal's keepers Szczesny or Fabianski better the Kirkland? I don't think they are.

Szczesny probably is by a small margin in fairness, he's a brilliant keeper when he's having a good day

Glad you lot are n't running the club, everyone has focussed on what we would or could get. Believe me when I say he is the best we have had since Ron Springett, the question is how much would it cost to replace him ? You would have to say a hell of a lot when you take a look at De Gea.

Kirkland is over his injury worries my advice would be to offer him a deal that keeps at Hillsborough, Money is no good to us we don't invest it.