Old man Bob from Radio Sheffield

Bob Jackson was pretty good on Radio Sheffield.

I think I remember right. He got the announcer job at Wednesday cos they sacked the guy before him because at the end of the previous season he said something that was deemed "inappropriate" about the pigs who had just got relegated from the Prem.

So we ended up with bob who unfortunately demonstrated absolutely no enthusiasm for the job whatsoever.

Was symptomatic of what was going on at the club at the time. Was like the board had made a decision to turn us into the blandest club of all time.

We'll sack the guys with a sense of humour and get Bob Jackson in - Boring 

Trevor you time is up, but don't worry we have David Pleat - Boring

Hirsty, Waddle, Sheridan your individuality and talent is a bit worrying come in Scott Oakes, Mark Pembridge and Andy Booth - Boring 

Remember when we had old man Bob from Radio Sheffield as stadium announcer ?

Ar halftime he used to read out every half time score from every match in the country

REYT BORING

lol

Anyone remember him?

I'd rather listen to an old man read out football scores in a monotone voice than have to watch them terrible dancers do the same routine every week!

BRING BACK BOB!

The thing about Robert Jackson was he had a MASSIVE knowledge of local football. You could mention any local footballer, or ex footballer and he'd know where he came from, which school he went to, who his parents were, and he also showed no bias to either Sheffield club. Three present incumbents, and fat Seth think they know everything about local sport, and football in particular, but they couldn't hold a candle to Bob Jackson. He had encyclopedic knowledge of local sport, which is not something you could ever say about the other four presenters. 

Don't doubt any of these comment's but he wasn't employed by the club for his encyclopedic knowledge, all he had to do was read the half-time scores out, not sound like a Headmaster

Don't doubt any of these comment's but he wasn't employed by the club for his encyclopedic knowledge, all he had to do was read the half-time scores out, not sound like a Headmaster

Was he actually employed by the club? I know he was a sports journalist on Radio Sheffield for 20 years from about 1972, so would have been working for RS on Saturday wouldn't he, and not at Hillsborough reading half time scores out? Did he read them out from 1992? I can't remember that either. It must have been after 1992, because a friend of Neil's brother told me that Neil never bothered with Wednesday before he was in his late teens. As for his knowledge, comments were made about the fact that Bob Jackson was a presenter, before I posted my comment. Had nobody mentioned his connection to RS, my comment would simply have been that I don't remember him reading half time scores out.

Guest Deleted member

. It must have been after 1992, because a friend of Neil's brother told me that Neil never bothered with Wednesday before he was in his late teens. 

Busted Neil

Was he actually employed by the club? I know he was a sports journalist on Radio Sheffield for 20 years from about 1972, so would have been working for RS on Saturday wouldn't he, and not at Hillsborough reading half time scores out? Did he read them out from 1992? I can't remember that either. It must have been after 1992, because a friend of Neil's brother told me that Neil never bothered with Wednesday before he was in his late teens. As for his knowledge, comments were made about the fact that Bob Jackson was a presenter, before I posted my comment. Had nobody mentioned his connection to RS, my comment would simply have been that I don't remember him reading half time scores out.

Honestly don't know if he was paid or not, but he did read out the scores

:tango:

lol

I wouldn't even know where to start with the fact that 'my brothers friend' has told Wolfmanjack that I only went to games after 1992 when I was in my late teens....

I was born in 1971 for starters so 1992 I'd have been 21

lol

But hey... let's not let facts get in the way of a good Wolfmanjack stalker story

lol

Owlstalk Shop

lol

I wouldn't even know where to start with the fact that 'my brothers friend' has told Wolfmanjack that I only went to games after 1992 when I was in my late teens....

I was born in 1971 for starters so 1992 I'd have been 21

lol

But hey... let's not let facts get in the way of a good Wolfmanjack stalker story

lol

What drew to Wednesday at the ripe age of 19 myears?

:duntmatter: