Antonio or Marshall?

What have Leicester done to him? What happened to the killer crosses and jinking inside for a pop? Looked lacking in confidence like the rest of them, but Antonio doesn't do lack of confidence, nor does his head ever go down. See him near the end btw after a lung bursting run still pressuring their goalie almost into a mistake.

Had a row with a so called fan in 2nd half who said he is lazy and has been poor all season ......... I went ballistic, needless to say - he was stone cold sober and meant every word.

He then put me down on the fact he had more assists, goals etc, and said they mean nothing - really....... 5 mins later the white cafu put a cross in and who flicked it on - Antonio for yet another assist

Anyway, I'd have Antonio, and maybe Marshall in the summer

BM not really fully cemented his place at Leicester despite catching the eye with some of his shots and goals. He may be the victim of Leicesters bigger squad and knack of chopping and changing their team

None of that has any relevance as to whether he's better than Antonio or not though. Personally I think Ben's on another level, better with both feet than Antonio is with his strongest. And that's no slight on Antonio either, who is a very good player.

Not sure what the need for this thread is though.

Antonio

Becoming firmly established in the championship - BM not really fully cemented his place at Leicester despite catching the eye with some of his shots and goals. He may be the victim of Leicesters bigger squad and knack of chopping and changing their team

I agree he would have developed  a lot more playing regularly for us - money talked, he walked - he can repent at leisure

Guest JonTheOwl66

There is actually a chance of it happening - Ben doesn't seem to be happy there and Leicester fans don't rate him one bit. 

Marshall would have been better moving to a team where he was playing week in week out to continue his development. Still think he is quality though but nothing improves you like game time experience.

Antonio is raw but for his first full season at Championship level he's done great. Sure I heard Dave Jones say he came into football quite late in a recent interview.Explains the rawness to a extent I suppose.

Would love both but for me I'd rather have Antonio. That pace can be game changing.

There is actually a chance of it happening - Ben doesn't seem to be happy there and Leicester fans don't rate him one bit. 

They rate him very highly. Looked at their forums the general consensus was that he had an 'off day' today and wasn't his usual self. Apparently West Brom are preparing a bid for him in the summer I read somewhere, him and Brayford from Derby.

Two different players. Antonio- quick, strong, knack of scoring goals. BUT inconsistent with his crossing, poor decision making at times, sloppy in posession and first touch is hit and miss. Marshall- based on last season and a few performances for England and Leicester, quick off the mark, strong/good balance, great crosser, more composed on the ball and has a tendancy to score some absolute screamers. I cannot really comment on any faults in his game because when he was with us he was excellent and I don't watch him week and week out for Leicester.

Tough choice, stats suggest Antonio is someone you'd rather have in your team, but based on ability i'd go for Marshall. Both will be playing in the Premier League at some point in their career I imagine.

Guest JonTheOwl66

They rate him very highly. Looked at their forums the general consensus was that he had an 'off day' today and wasn't his usual self. Apparently West Brom are preparing a bid for him in the summer I read somewhere, him and Brayford from Derby.

Two different players. Antonio- quick, strong, knack of scoring goals. BUT inconsistent with his crossing, poor decision making at times, sloppy in posession and first touch is hit and miss. Marshall- based on last season and a few performances for England and Leicester, quick off the mark, strong/good balance, great crosser, more composed on the ball and has a tendancy to score some absolute screamers. I cannot really comment on any faults in his game because when he was with us he was excellent and I don't watch him week and week out for Leicester.

Tough choice, stats suggest Antonio is someone you'd rather have in your team, but based on ability i'd go for Marshall. Both will be playing in the Premier League at some point in their career I imagine.

What forum was this? Foxestalk seemed to suggest he has been poor for some time now.

Marshall would have been better moving to a team where he was playing week in week out to continue his development. Still think he is quality though but nothing improves you like game time experience.

Antonio is raw but for his first full season at Championship level he's done great. Sure I heard Dave Jones say he came into football quite late in a recent interview.Explains the rawness to a extent I suppose.

Would love both but for me I'd rather have Antonio. That pace can be game changing.

Yes he joined Reading at 18 from non League and then went out on loan to no less than five clubs before we signed him.

Annoying as flip people clapping and singing his name today. He only played a bit part role in our success last season, Antonio was far more important. He hardly acknowledged us at Hillsborough and he's a money grabber, flip him

He only played a bit part role?

He was instrumental in our climb up the table he scored 5 in 22 nearly one in 4 everything went through him, he was key in how we played and his assists was second to none. ( some one please post how many assists he got)

I think at the time he contributed to something silly like over 40% of the goals we scored when he played.

The points gained in the goals he contributed alone means he was much more than a bit part player.

We would not be in this league if not for the work Ben Marshall did early in that campaign fact.

Guest JonTheOwl66

He only played a bit part role?

He was instrumental in our climb up the table he scored 5 in 22 nearly one in 4 everything went through him, he was key in how we played and his assists was second to none. ( some one please post how many assists he got)

I think at the time he contributed to something silly like over 40% of the goals we scored when he played.

The points gained in the goals he contributed alone means he was much more than a bit part player.

We would not be in this league if not for the work Ben Marshall did early in that campaign fact.

I'm the guy that always proves Marshall got 10 assists in half a season. Everybody brings up the fact a few sites say he got 4 or something.. But count them all up properly and he got 10 assists for us.

Ben Marshall is more cultured and creative, Antonio is quicker, more powerful and relentless.

Antonio has 9 goals and 9/10 assists from midfield, which is superb given it is his first season at this level. We havent had many players like that since Brunt.

I dont know if Marshall has been as regular, but he must have a fair few assists too. Imagine one on either wing, we nearly had that last season (with ALF in the middle). What couldve been...

What forum was this? Foxestalk seemed to suggest he has been poor for some time now.

foxestalk! A few people said that Marshall was particularly poor today.

Antonio went through a blip in form Janaury/Feb, when he was playing as a striker or just behind the frontman. He looked like a lost wounded animal, his worst spell since he's been at the club for me. But recently his form has picked up again, espeically in the games where we have put him on the wing his NATURAL and most comfortable position. Such an asset to have in your side. Him and Marshall on the wings would be something else.

I'm the guy that always proves Marshall got 10 assists in half a season. Everybody brings up the fact a few sites say he got 4 or something.. But count them all up properly and he got 10 assists for us.

thanks thats a direct contribution of 15 goal in 22 games

Shocking

but I do rate antonio and think hes arrival did more than just push us over the line

To have both in the squad would be deadly and provide pace power quality and variety, with two young exciting players.

I would welcome them both but am happy with one. Antonio is our player and for that and the work he has done this season alone I have to vote him (loyal voting)

I think the Foxestalk opinion of Marshall shows that its not just Wednesday fans. Brunt, Whelan, Antonio have all come under fire and they are all quality players who just lacked consistency early in their career (in Whelan and Brunt's case).

Marshall is a quality player too, two footed, doesnt need pace and can find gaps in defences by thinking outside the box a bit more than some of our quicker wingers might. Leicester must be truly spoilt if they are getting on Marshall's case. Pulis dropped a huge one in selling Marshall and spending twice as much on Kightly (an older crocked version of Marshall).

I'd add though that Antonio does have that cleverness about him too, if you look at the cross for Lita at home to Palace, he totally dummies their full back into thinking hes going for Buxton on the overlap, the fullback moves just enough to give Antonio the space to ping a dead ball cross onto Lita's head.

I think that is as good as anything Marshall does, but Antonio doesnt always do it as much, if Antonio develops that side of his game together with his pace and power then you have a great player on your hands, almost unplayable.