The "intentional handball" rule is poorly worded. 99% of handballs are unintentional, apart from on very rare occasions a professional footballer isn't going to see the ball coming towards him and make a deliberate decision to handle it.

The rule should be that if the player gains an advantage by handling the ball then it's handball. The only exception should be if the ball is kicked straight onto his hand and he genuinely has no chance of avoiding it.

The Madine one v Bristol was almost identical to the one we should have had yesterday. Referees seem to only see things one way and unfortunately they all seem to be against us. I keep hearing how these things even themselves out over a season, well the last 12 games should be great fun if that's the case !!

How many good shouts did we have in the second half? That handball near the end reminded me of Madine's.

ye me too - but weve had more clear cut htis season not given eg antonio ve wolves away and brizzle home

never enters my head that we will get one

if we do we will give one away almost deffo

it may as well be advertised before game start !

The comments made only emphasise how difficult a decision it is whether to award a penalty or not. A player standing with his arms/hands in an unnatural position has only himself to blame if the ball strikes him on the arm/hand and a penalty is awarded, conversely if a player has his arms/hands down by his body and the ball strikes them a penalty should not be awarded, unless he moves his body/arms/ hands towards the flight of the ball. There must be some intent or wilful action by the defender.