Too many. People have been keeping tab's on how many decent penalty shouts we've had (edit: this season), can't remember the figure. If anyone can come up with it its actually disgusting.

Edited by Chriss

http://www.football-lineups.com/tourn/The_Championship_2012-2013/Stats/Penalties/

This has all the penalty stats.

We have been awarded the joint least amount (2) and have conceded the 4th most (7) in the league.

Ridiculously Palace have been awarded 12! Yes 12! No wonder they are 4th. I could count 10 penalties we should have been flipping awarded this season but haven't.

Edited by TheEnchanter

http://www.football-lineups.com/tourn/The_Championship_2012-2013/Stats/Penalties/

This has all the penalty stats.

We have been awarded the joint least amount (2) and have conceded the 4th most (7) in the league.

Ridiculously Palace have been awarded 12! Yes 12! No wonder they are 4th. I could count 10 penalties we should have been flipping awarded this season but haven't.

nice one, we should have had at leastt 1 penalty tonight.

Too many. People have been keeping tab's on how many decent penalty shouts we've had (edit: this season), can't remember the figure. If anyone can come up with it its actually disgusting.

I believe Jones said the other day they sent the report off and there were around 20 definite penalties we had not been given

ps. that penalty nearer the end was a definite. It doesn't matter that it wasn't deliberate, he had plenty of time to judge the flight of the ball (wasn't the ball kicked from like 30 yards away!?). Helan was given handball against him for a ball kicked from literally a yard away towards his face.

I believe Jones said the other day they sent the report off and there were around 20 definite penalties we had not been given

ps. that penalty nearer the end was a definite. It doesn't matter that it wasn't deliberate, he had plenty of time to judge the flight of the ball (wasn't the ball kicked from like 30 yards away!?). Helan was given handball against him for a ball kicked from literally a yard away towards his face.

He said that they had sent reports of 14 penalty claims that had been denied of which 11 were definite penalties. Think they had sent a DVD to the F A or summat

Guest on the band wagon

A couple if decent claims for handball, checking on TV both looked like hand to ball. May haver been a little harsh by have seen similar given

The funny thing was the commentators saying that if he didn't intentionally mean to hit the ball with his hand it's not a pen. Since when?!

If the ball it's you on the arm, it's a pen. Regardless if its intentional or not.

Technically, a penalty should only be awarded if there is DELIBERATE handling of the ball inside the box (obviously by players other than the keeper!)

Getting hit on the arm by the ball doesn't constitute handball.

Just watched FL show ...I'm certain word has gone out to refs to be more lenient towards defenders for handball in the area.

They were giving everything just two weeks ago ! We got what we deserved today though which is nothing.

Spot on Nev. We didn't deserve any points which is a shame because we've played well for a number of weeks. Beaten by a better side today simple as. There have been a number of games where decisions haven't gone our way though and these stats do back them up.

Guest chuckie4570

Spot on Nev. We didn't deserve any points which is a shame because we've played well for a number of weeks. Beaten by a better side today simple as. There have been a number of games where decisions haven't gone our way though and these stats do back them up.

Perfect summary of yesterday!

The funny thing was the commentators saying that if he didn't intentionally mean to hit the ball with his hand it's not a pen. Since when?!

If the ball it's you on the arm, it's a pen. Regardless if its intentional or not.

If you believe that you should read the laws of the game, it might change your mind.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/rules_and_equipment/4524354.stm

Guest UpTheOwlsss

^ a massive chunk of penalties given are not deliberate handball

alan shearer said this on MOTD yesterday and its definately true

^ a MASSIVE chunk of penalties given are not deliberate handball

alan shearer said this on MOTD yesterday and its definately true

Very true. Having been a referee, I know how difficult it is to make an instant decision. Some are obvious but many are borderline and if that is the case, I wouldn't give it, it had to be 100% in my mind at the time.