Prutton & Coke - Poor

One poor game and the knives are out. Oh dear.

Prutton and Coke have been superb since they've come back and now they get overrun by probably the best midfield we've seen at Hillsborough all season and now they're average and useless.

For me Prutton was poor today and Coke was anonymous but it's harsh to suggest they're just League One players, when just last week the majority of Owls fans were singing their praises.

Gueidoiora, Reid and Majewski are Premier League class, some of the best players we've seen here all season btw.

Premier League class my ar$e. 

Edited by JoshTheOwl

Premier League class my ar$e. 

Have to agree with this. 

Forest's midfield are decent...but they are decidedly Championship standard. 

Prutton and Coke look decidedly League One standard at best. 

Have to agree with this. 

Forest's midfield are decent...but they are decidedly Championship standard. 

Prutton and Coke look decidedly League One standard at best. 

Yup, its the scary thing this year. A lot of Championship sides have decent midfields but not good enough to compete in the prem. 

Coke and prutton have done nowt wrong - they're just not good enough.

They weren't last year and they aren't this year. As a combination though they are the best we've got. McCabe corry et al are too young, semedo not good enough. If we stay up sorting this position is key

Guest johnowls

I'm in no way slagging them off as lately they've been like two new signings and done well.......

But what got to me more today was the amount of times they gave the ball away to the opposition. Not only GC and DP though as for long spells most of the team were hoofing it and when we did get the ball down and pass we had our chances.

Heads up though as the scabs were good and we've got to get back on track for the next games UTO!

Edited by johnowls

They weren't last year and they aren't this year. As a combination though they are the best we've got. McCabe corry et al are too young, semedo not good enough. If we stay up sorting this position is key

It really is a sad indictment of our summer transfer dealings that we've had to fall back on two players who couldn't even make it into our league 1 side. Make the same mistake this time around and we'll be looking over our shoulders once again.

Been saying it for ages.

Centre mid is our weak link.

We need a big loan signing in this area soon to get us to end of season and then it needs seriously looking at.

After losing only 2 games in last 15 games we find ourselves back in bottom 3.

This league is absolute madness.

March is a big month for us. We need to stay in touch or the pressure could be too much in April.

Agree...They simply are not up to the task. We need a Barton, a Derry...etc etc

Cokes a young lad, times on his side he can develop and improve.

But my overriding thought of him ATM is getting the ball in good positions, seeing the decisive pass but not playing it and going sideways / backwards instead. Not gonna slag him - he's obviously got talent, but he's out of his depth IMO just now.

Guest intercity0wl

They were up against a class Forest midfield tonight and couldn't compete. Sometimes you just have to acknowledge that the opposing players are better. No point slagging our boys off just because of that.

While on the field i agree, BUT this is genuinely considered the best Championship (quality wise) there has been, and im afraid supporters coming on a Fans Forum to state that they dont believe certain players are up to this level is not  slagging off, its stating what is the opinion of many.

Many W/ITES have become programmed over the years  to accepting second best, trouble is at this level three teams who are second best will go down, would you rarther wait till that happens before they voice their concerns on here ??, these two in midfield are the weakest part (not poor players, just not good enough) of what is an average team at best, lets just hope we dont pay for it this season. UTO

Edited by intercity0wl