What footballers are Sheffield Wednesday fans ?

Slightly off topic (the above post reminded me) apparently we've got a 12 yr old playing for the young owls who is ridiculously good & a few of the top clubs are trying to poach him before we get him signed. Man City being the one I know of.

• Thanks 1

Guest owl_be_back

Hirst was a Barnsley fan

Once famously said he wouldn't sign for us for a golden pig. Like Waddle, only a Wednesdayite now cos we idolize him. Not a true Wednesdayite. Sorry.

He said that cause he was a Dingle fan growing up (we all make mistakes) plus wednesday rejected him as a youngster but he saw the errors of his ways and got pulled back from the Dark side and his now a true Wednesdayite if i ever I did see one

Edited by owl_be_back

Guest Nilsson_is_God

Him off coronation street & him off eastenders from 20 years ago - tricky dicky.

And both are well known footballers aswell

Of the 66 Wembley side... Ron Springett, Don Megson, Peter Eustace, Gerry Young, Grahem Pugh, Johnny Fanthem and Wilf Smith I'm not sure of.  

i'm sure they all have soft spot for the club but why would springett whos a londoner(born /bred and lived there all his life) be a wednesdayite .

On 14/02/2013 at 20:17, richowl said:

Slightly off topic (the above post reminded me) apparently we've got a 12 yr old playing for the young owls who is ridiculously good & a few of the top clubs are trying to poach him before we get him signed. Man City being the one I know of.

Do we know who this is? If he did stay, could it be Alex Hunt?

On 14/02/2013 at 18:05, Semedo's ferret said:

Him off coronation street & him off eastenders from 20 years ago - tricky dicky.

Stood next to tricky dicky once at selhurst park v Wimbledon  ( Ian Reddington?) always mix him up with Martin Kemp! Don’t know why! 

On 11/02/2013 at 19:58, 1867Heaven said:

Harry McGuire

This is no myth

Agree..there’s an element of truth…depends on how you spin it.

Maguire was interviewed (think it was on Leicester TV) about 3 years ago about his football allegiances.

They asked him if he was an Owl or a Blade.

He explained that he was brought up a Wednesday fan and his uncle used to take him to the odd Wednesday game as a kid.

However he joined the SU Academy when he was 7 and gradually his loyalties changed to SU.

He confirmed that he’s now defintely a Blade and still attends matches at Bramall Lane when he has time.