Song Thread - Time To Make A Difference

Right. On my lap top now and will try to post my song one last time.

As I said, I am convinced it could become a classic celebration of our great victories over our neighbors if it ever gets going???

To the tune from the verse of Sloop John B by the Beach Boys (This City is Our’s is to the tune of the same song but the Chorus part)

Here goes (again!!!)

We beat ‘em at Wem-ber-lee

Two-One back in Ninety-Three

On Boxing Day in Seventy-Nine we got four (oh we got four!)

Then in Twenty-Twelve

We met back down in League One

And just like back then

We beat ‘em again!

Repeat or follow with a rousing chorus of “This City is Ours!”

See link for FC United of Manchester fans singing to this tune (43 seconds in)

Thoughts now I finally made it work? Is it a goer?

I was a t a club night at the weekend, and the power went down around midnight leaving the DJ standing there is blind panic with about a 1000 people stood there wondering whether they should disperse or not.  A couple of people in the crowd started to chant The Human League simply repeating ''Don't You Want Me Baby, Don't You Want Me OH OH OH.  This caught on and turned into a mass chant whilst the electrics where sorted and the DJ's blushes spared.

I could not help thinking how good it would sound sung at Hillsborough, especially given the Sheffield connections.

How about keeping it simple?

We are Sheffield Wednesday

We are Wednesday Oh oh oh

and repeat as long as possible. I guess it could also be tailored for a player?

EDIT:  Sure it's been done before - not claiming it as original. It would just be a good chant to add to the routine.

Edited by Alan

I was a t a club night at the weekend, and the power went down around midnight leaving the DJ standing there is blind panic with about a 1000 people stood there wondering whether they should disperse or not. A couple of people in the crowd started to chant The Human League simply repeating ''Don't You Want Me Baby, Don't You Want Me OH OH OH. This caught on and turned into a mass chant whilst the electrics where sorted and the DJ's blushes spared.

I could not help thinking how good it would sound sung at Hillsborough, especially given the Sheffield connections.

How about keeping it simple?

We are Sheffield Wednesday

We are Wednesday Oh oh oh

and repeat as long as possible. I guess it could also be tailored for a player?

EDIT: Sure it's been done before - not claiming it as original. It would just be a good chant to add to the routine.

A little camp, but it could work. Would rather it be for a player though, for example:

We've got Jeremy Helan

Cross the ball then goooooaaaalls.

Someone will no doubt come up with much better example though.

I've always sung this to my wife.......

'The only one who could ever reach you,

Was the son of a Wednesday fan'

A little skit on 'Son of a Preacher man' by Dusty Springfield.......

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dp4339EbVn8

I'm sure someone on here can adapt the first line - otherwise it'd be a bat camp to say the least.........but still think it could work.

I've always sung this to my wife.......

'The only one who could ever reach you,

Was the son of a Wednesday fan'

A little skit on 'Son of a Preacher man' by Dusty Springfield.......

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dp4339EbVn8

I'm sure someone on here can adapt the first line - otherwise it'd be a bat camp to say the least.........but still think it could work.

Mmmmmmffffffffffccccccccccc

Pahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest BirdonaMaguire

We will be getting some of these going at Birmingham hopefully where more people are likely to join in then the following weekend at home to Palace with the band. See how it pans out. John Hemmingham has seen some suggestions anyway so he'll badly try to start to play some at Hillsborough.

Tried your link and couldn't find it but googled it and this is it...... though I doubt we could keep it going that long. You must admit this is amazing!

There's been some pretty corny stuff suggested...can't understand why this is getting ignored

There's been some pretty corny stuff suggested...can't understand why this is getting ignored

It would be good if we could get something like that going pal but it's hard enough trying to get people to join in with the 15/20 of us singing anyway. You need two groups of fans close by to do that. We could do it if people were close together, that's why we sit at the back of the Kop as there seems to be more singing up there. Where do you sit?

Man utd song

This is how it feels to be Phil Jones, this is how it feels to be red, in the champions league while agueros tucked up in bed, he's tucked up in bed, he's tucked up in bed

Change the words but have ched evans instead of aguero

What do you think would be good words for that song?

He knows how it feels to be massive,

And he's doing mightily well,

*Player name* (Coke?) Coke's with the owls while Ched's all alone in his cell.

Alone in his cell,

Alone in his cell.

Or summat similar...

I do like that song though, sounds good when Man City were singing it.

What do you think would be good words for that song?

He knows how it feels to be massive,

And he's doing mightily well,

*Player name* (Coke?) Coke's with the owls while Ched's all alone in his cell.

Alone in his cell,

Alone in his cell.

Or summat similar...

I do like that song though, sounds good when Man City were singing it.

There is a you tube video of man city fans singing it, it's a quality song to go with the semedo one.

The viva ronaldo song can be changed from viva ronaldo to Michail anotnio as well

Edited by pride_of_the_road